Topic Title: FX-6100 windows problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/09/2013 07:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/09/2013 07:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KingCapning
Peon

Windows is not recognizing all 6 cores and threads, its only seeing 2 cores and 2 threads? is this a common problem or is there a way to fix this?

01/11/2013 11:17 AM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

Could be an issue with the BIOS, Windows, or the CPU. If you update your BIOS to the latest non-Beta release, update Windows completely (and install the FX patch that doesn't come up in Windows Update), and you can't access more than 2 cores, it could be faulty and in need of replacing under warranty.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 01/12/2013 06:11 AM

Author Icon
KingCapning
Peon

I managed to sort this out by going into the bios and turning on all cores manually they now show up in windows with 6 cores and 6 threads do you recommend i install both these updates? do they have any increased performance or such? these are the FX updates i think if not could you link?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2646060

Statistics
81148 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.