Topic Title: Trying To Get 5.1 Audio From The a10-5800k...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/08/2013 11:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/08/2013 11:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
djkorben
Peon

Hey Everyone

I've been trying to search through the forums here and elsewhere to see if this is even possible but I haven't been able to find any solid information. I've contacted Asus/AMD and haven't heard anything back from them yet. 

I read quite a bit about the APU chip before I bought it, the computer is mainly used for an htpc/daily browser so I didn't need a dedicated video card. What I couldn't find out was anything about the audio though, so I just assumed and bought it. I think I should have checked a little better first. 

So here's my issue.

I just built a new rig (or rather upgraded to something a little faster) with an Asus F2A85-M Pro motherboard and an AMD A10-5800k APU.  My computer is hooked up to my A/V receiver with an HDMI cable. With my previous set up, I was using an NVIDIA card that used a motherboard header cable to add audio onto the HDMI (it was an older 9800GT card) and I could do bitstream audio passthrough (DTS and DD etc). My downstairs gaming computer has a radeon 6950, also with audio passthrough over HDMI due to the 7.1 audio chip built into radeon cards after, 5 series maybe?

What I'm trying to do is watch videos with a DTS/DD audio track, which used to be able to play on my receiver, but now with the set up I have, all I get is stereo sound. In the windows sound options it lists max channels as 2 for the output I'm using. 

These APU chips have a built in radeon 7660D which I assumed could also do bitstreaming audio. Am I just out of luck or is there a driver or setting I'm missing somewhere. Is there some jumper I need to move?

Anyone even know what I'm trying to say haha. thanks!

04/09/2013 12:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
metalruler
Peon

Hey

I use ATI Radeon HD5870 card with CyberLink PowerDVD 12, this Media Player supports lossless pass-through DTS-HD and DD TrueHD over HDMI for AMD Radeon HD 5000, 6000 and 7000 Series.
You can find audio settings and select HDMI Output Modes: Non-decoded high-definition audio to external device.

As I know, the APU AMD doesn't support pass-through audio. But Intel Core i3/i5/i7 with integrated audio and graphics support it.

please, let me know if you activate bitstream mode on APU AMD.

Edited: 04/09/2013 at 01:46 PM by metalruler
Statistics
80909 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.