Topic Title: AMD FX Processors and Mass Effect: Black Textures on Noveria and Ilos.
Topic Summary: Black Textures Replace Character Models and Enemies on These Two Planets.
Created On: 04/16/2013 04:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2013 04:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
VonStrangle
Peon

I've not seen any topics on this board about the issue, but Mass Effect has had 2 of it's largest gameplay/story chunks sullied once your processor has been upgraded to the FX series.

Anyway, to the problem: Once you reach the garage of Peak 15 on Noveria, character graphics, enemy graphics and some etc props turn in to black boxes, almost entirely devoid of any shape, what-so-ever. This persists until about the half-way point of Peak 15. And again, it happens on the last main mission in Ilos, as soon as the Mako lands -- the same thing.

Is there any planned fix for this? There are work arounds, in which you disable the lighting through the command box, but a solid fix would be nice, especially for the people like me. This is my favorite game. I have a link below that backs up my claims, for anyone's reference. 

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/131/index/7251342/1

For the sake of the topic, my processor is an FX 8120.

Statistics
93142 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2015 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.