Topic Title: AMD FX Processors and Mass Effect: Black Textures on Noveria and Ilos.
Topic Summary: Black Textures Replace Character Models and Enemies on These Two Planets.
Created On: 04/16/2013 04:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2013 04:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
VonStrangle
Peon

I've not seen any topics on this board about the issue, but Mass Effect has had 2 of it's largest gameplay/story chunks sullied once your processor has been upgraded to the FX series.

Anyway, to the problem: Once you reach the garage of Peak 15 on Noveria, character graphics, enemy graphics and some etc props turn in to black boxes, almost entirely devoid of any shape, what-so-ever. This persists until about the half-way point of Peak 15. And again, it happens on the last main mission in Ilos, as soon as the Mako lands -- the same thing.

Is there any planned fix for this? There are work arounds, in which you disable the lighting through the command box, but a solid fix would be nice, especially for the people like me. This is my favorite game. I have a link below that backs up my claims, for anyone's reference. 

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/131/index/7251342/1

For the sake of the topic, my processor is an FX 8120.

Statistics
86653 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.