Topic Title: RMA Assistance
Topic Summary: Need Address, How to ship a CPU
Created On: 07/16/2013 12:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/16/2013 12:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HrodHerich
Peon

Hi,

**First of all, I would have contacted AMD via e-mail, but the link to create an e-mail ticket is not working.**

My problem is that I need to ship my CPU for RMA. I need to know what the address is, as it should be on the package. This what the e-mail I received from AMD says:

Quote:

AMD cannot guarantee proper delivery of your package for RMA if it is
    not addressed as follows:

Return Center Address
    Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

c/o ModusLink
    RMA# 2000170496
    10990 NW 92nd Terrace
    Miami, FL 33178
    USA

/Quote

Also, I need to know if the way I packed my CPU is OK.

I cut out a square out of an old static bag from a motherboard. Bigger than the processor, so I could fold it around. then I used paper towel to make a cushon around it to fit it in a plastic packaging. Then I wrapped that in bubblewrap. 

I've never shipped a CPU before and I am scared to death of voiding the warranty.

Thank you, for whatever help you can provide,

Roderick

-------------------------
"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
 07/16/2013 04:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I don't follow your first question.  You asked where to ship the processor, but then quoted the address AMD provided you.  To answer your second question: as you describe it, your method of packaging is good.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
84120 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.