Topic Title: AMD Sempron 3000+ 2,00 ghz become AMD Athlon(tm)XP 1,60 ghz
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/14/2013 03:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2013 03:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lybe
Peon

Greetings,

As title says, I don't know how my CPU changed. I'm playing games in my free time like Dota, and since 1 month the game (Warcraft Frozen Throne) started to freeze ingame (online). Also while playing, the game got stuck, I couldn't do nothing, just to cancel the application from Task Manager. Sometimes game was crashing, sometimes PC was restarting. I verified the temperatures from CPU and GPU, they were a bit high 60-70C. I solved this with a solution that made the temperature normal 30-40C. After I played again, nothing changed, still freezed, crashed, errors etc. I reinstalled the game, the windows (XP SP2), and the game seem to work worst then before, huge lag, long freezes. Today by mistake I verified My Computer's Properties and I noticed that I have another processor lol. I said to myself that "this is the issue". Now I come here and if anyone wants to help me with suggestions or ideas if I can solve this, I'll appreciate every post.

Here's my PC hardware configuration:

Processor AMD Sempron 3000+, 2.00 ghz (now is AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1,60 ghz

Display nvidia geforce fx 5200 128mb

Memory 1,5 gb DDR

Please request if any other information is needed. Thanks.

Adrian.

-------------------------
 08/15/2013 11:24 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Forum Moderator

What motherboard do you have, that is the biggest question.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Senior Engineering Technician (AEET).

08/15/2013 11:50 AM

Author Icon
Lybe
Peon

Originally posted by: MD - Moderator What motherboard do you have, that is the biggest question.

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot. Its an old one, SiS-748-6A7I1FK9C-00. If you need any other details about my PC spec, please just request.

08/16/2013 10:53 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Forum Moderator

WinFast K7S748A by chance?

The board appears to be based on the SiS 748 chipset, not a bad chipset actually.

However there were many companies that used that chipset... most used AMI bios.

For grins I would swap out the bios backup battery with a new one, usually a CR3032 (+3V liithium coin cell) and then go into advanced chipset features in the bios and set the bus speeds back to 166/166, which they should be for the Sempron IIRC.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

08/17/2013 08:52 AM

Author Icon
Lybe
Peon

Yes, WinFast.

I don't have experience with this, never meet these issues. Can you explain step by step what I have to do? I have to buy a new battery? (I guess it looks like a coin as you said) I saw something with CPU in Bios that was set to 133. Its hard to find that battery you mentioned? Its expensive? Can I use the PC in this period of crashes, errors (Dota)? Sorry for asking and for being ungrown, but I don't know how to change a battery, because I never did and I'm afraid to do something wrong. Thanks for replying, I really want to fix my PC as fast as is possible.

My current battery status (Everest):

Power Management Properties   
Current Power Source:    AC Line
Battery Status:    No Battery
Full Battery Lifetime:    Unknown
Remaining Battery Lifetime:    Unknown

Edit: Shall I buy this one BATTERY, LITHIUM, CR3032, VERT (Provider: PANASONIC
CR-3032/VCN) ?

Edited: 08/17/2013 at 09:30 AM by Lybe
 08/19/2013 11:21 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Forum Moderator

In your motherboards instruction manual it should talk about the bios battery. Panasonic is a good brand, I use them on my computers. The "133" you saw would be the bus speed, set that to 166 instead.

08/21/2013 09:00 AM

Author Icon
Lybe
Peon

Thanks a lot, it works now. But now max is 165 instead of 166, and frequency 1,98 ghz instead of 2,00 ghz ;d Can you explain me what's the purpose of changing the battery? Thanks again for helping.

09/05/2013 05:25 AM

Author Icon
Lybe
Peon

Up!

Sorry for making a new post, I have low fps in games now since my CPU changed back to AMD Sempron 3000+ 1,98 ghz. I have AWARD Bios and I can't find there something with overclock. How can I fix this? I never did an overclock or something, cause I don't have experience with it. Also the cooler is doing an weird sound.

09/18/2013 02:14 PM

Author Icon
go_for
Nerfed

Some setting is wrong as in BIOS there should be options to set the CPU clock and RAM to run 166/166Mhz (333 DDR) flat.
The board seem be a Foxconn 748K7AA made for Winfast brand, same thing.
Could not find a a user manual for that board except the Easy setup guide.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=Motherboard&U=en-us0000128&Language=en-us

an Alpha Geek @ AMD Processors Forums | 01/21/2006 | post count 3217

11/07/2014 04:18 PM

Author Icon
dzyk
Peon

Where i type question about AMD Sempron CPU SDH1150IAA3DE?

11/13/2014 02:54 PM

Author Icon
go_for
Nerfed

After login, top right, "new topic"

AMD Processors (CPU)

an Alpha Geek @ AMD Processors Forums | 01/21/2006 | post count 3217

Statistics
87632 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.