Topic Title: Faulty processor or compatibility issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/27/2013 12:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2013 12:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
eliar93
Peon

Hello! 

I just bought a new processor, the Fx 4100, to my computer. My current motherboard  Asus M4A78LT-M LE doesn't explicitly say that it supports my this new processor but I figured it would work after a bios update as other people seems to use very similar setups.

Now when I use my new processor I get the error message "No video input" on screen (although it seems to be working with fans e.t.c.), and when I subsequently change back to my old processor Athlon x2 it works just fine. 

What I'm wondering about is, like my title says, whether this is due to bad compatibility or if the processor was faulty to begin with, and in the latter case, how does it work with warranty and stuff?

Also if there is something I might have overlooked( I'm obviously no computer pro) please tell!

09/27/2013 03:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mark@AMD
Peon

The M4A78LT-M does not support any of the  FX CPUs (AM3+).

You can refer to the CPU support list of this AM3 socket motherboard:

http://support.asus.com/Cpusupport/List.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=M4A78LT-M%20LE&p=1&s=24

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Statistics
84880 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.