Topic Title: REALLY UPSET WITH THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE NO POST NO DISPLAY FRESH BUILD
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/27/2013 03:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2013 03:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rnoneil
Peon

I have an A series 5800k processor that came with the fan cooler and everything but I put my new fresh build together over two weeks ago and it does a no post no display. Now I got this from newegg.com but I did not save the box for the processor in a box. So heres the story. I was told to contact amd. This was weeks ago. The rep told me to do a warranty request on a brand new product. I agree I mean it was my responsibility to keep the box but I was irresponsible. So I continued and did so a couple weeks ago. I was also told I would receive and email for this. I never have once been even emailed to confirm anything. So last week I sent in an email to request the status on this. Never received an email yet over a week in response. NOw today I called customer service... the operator transferred me to the customer service department but heres the catch. It was closed, so I did not even get to talk to somebody yet again about this issue. All I would like to do is send in the processor and get an exchange on the product. AMD is an awesome company, my graphics card is also from AMD. Now I am currently at around 1100 dollars for this build. My MSIF motherboard (that was compatibale when I did multiple checks with the equipment on and off the phone with newegg people) I just received an email from them a couple days ago that they received my motherboard and will be testing it fixing it or sending back an exchange. Great customer service 5 stars across the board. All I am asking is for a response to where my warranty service is. It is very irritating a multi billion dollar revenue company  (advertised on their page) that one person cannot be contacted back about a measly 160 dollar processor. Sorry for the rant but this was my last option to try and get AMD customer cares assistance. Best of luck to anyone else trying to deal with this company, if this is not taken care of I will burn the processor and never again purchase anything from AMD. Thanks again. 

A very irritated customer.

09/27/2013 03:53 PM

Author Icon
rnoneil
Peon

09/27/2013 03:55 PM

Author Icon
rnoneil
Peon

09/27/2013 04:43 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Did you try both the onboard and discrete card's outputs?

-------------------------
AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/27/2013 05:14 PM

Author Icon
rnoneil
Peon

Anything and everthing you can do I have done it, customer support from newegg.com was awesome. They spent like 2 hours on the phone with me troubleshooting everything possible, even putting it on a nice piece of cardboard. Everything comes out the same ;( I just want to go back to gaming. (good thing I bought diablo 3) for the time being.

09/28/2013 12:21 AM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

I fully agree that AMD should have and usually does respond immediately. I would suggest another phone call tomorrow during AMD Biz hours and hopefully they can get this resolved quickly.

FWIW, all CPU/APU/GPUs are tested just before they are boxed and are known to be good when shipped. It takes a LOT of shipping abuse to damage a CPU/APU/GPU based on the special packaging used and double boxing. I mention this because your new APU may not actually be the issue when all is said and done. It's extremely rare for a new processor to actually be bad. Damage during installation or use are the two biggest issues - if in fact there is really an issue with the APU.

As far as your mobo, it does in fact support the A10-5800K if you have the correct BIOS installed. See the link below for the required BIOS. If you're mobo is new, it may or may not have the correct BIOS to support the A10-5800K. If it does not then this would need to be installed before the mobo will recognise your CPU properly. This *might* cause the system not to boot or it might boot but give an error message like" Unknown processor". It depends on the mobo maker and how the BIOS is written.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/FM2-A75MA-E35.html#/?div=CPUSupport

If you are using a single DIMM RAM module, you may need to have it installed in a specific RAM slot per your mobo manual.

The most common reason for no boot is wiring issues. Your PSU has a 20+4 cabling arangement so both of these will need to be plugged into the 24 pin mobo socket. All additional 12v power cable sockets on the GPU card will also need power. There are a few exceptions, but generally all 12v sockets on a GPU card need 12v power.

Improper seating of the CPU, RAM or video cards is the next most common issue followed by video out port/cabling issues. Shorting of the mobo to the PC case is fairly common but you tested outside of the PC case, so that should not be an issue. You may have already checked these issues in your troubleshooting but it's easy to overlook something when frustrated... Been there, done that!

Obviously if you were testing the mobo out of the case on a piece of cardboard, you'd need to have jumpered the pwr-on circuit to get the system to power up or you'd still have no boot, unless your cables were long enough to reach with the mobo out of the case.

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

Edited: 09/28/2013 at 12:35 AM by AMDforMe
 09/28/2013 01:52 AM

Author Icon
rnoneil
Peon

I really have step by step everything possible. I know it's a rare case I'm hoping msif tells me the motherboard is messed and they will fix it. They currently have it. Like I said I just want to game again and I'm frustrated with the customer service. I would love for just a simple solution but in the land of fresh builds we all know nothing goes as planned.! How would I go about downloading the new bios without a no display? Everything worked and powered and everything just no display.

09/28/2013 09:42 AM

Author Icon
Fishman
Master Looter

Originally posted by: rnoneil I really have step by step everything possible. I know it's a rare case I'm hoping msif tells me the motherboard is messed and they will fix it. They currently have it. Like I said I just want to game again and I'm frustrated with the customer service. I would love for just a simple solution but in the land of fresh builds we all know nothing goes as planned.! How would I go about downloading the new bios without a no display? Everything worked and powered and everything just no display.

You would have to use a cpu which is supported with the current version of bios to update the bios.

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

09/28/2013 01:13 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

If MSI has the mobo in their possession and they know that you are trying to run the A10-5800K model APU, then they can update the BIOS chip to the latest BIOS which would fix the issue - if in fact this is the issue. Otherwise as noted you would need an APU that is supported by whatever BIOS version is installed on the mobo to update the BIOS to the latest version.

This was an issue for a lot of folks who bought AM3+ mobos for FX processors. The AM3+ mobos that were in the supply chain for the first couple months after the FX processors were released, had an older BIOS and they did not support the newer FX processors. Many people had to use an old CPU to update the BIOS or return the mobo to the maker for a new BIOS chip/update.

There really are no issues with new builds or rebuilds if everything is correct to start with. The systems are becoming more complicated all the time so every detail becomes important. There are even some new PSUs that won't work on older mobos, so the details really matter.

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

Statistics
87650 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.