Topic Title: How Check AMD FX Series FX 8320 3 5Ghz 8X
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/12/2013 01:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/12/2013 01:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SinTag
Peon

I have a AMD FX Series FX 8320 3 5Ghz 8X with a Gigabyte 990FX UD5 motherboard.

Since the first day, if I keep the Pc turned On, but I'm not doing nothing with it, the image becomes frezze and I have to reset the PC.

I checked the RAM witha windows utility and seems ok.

I talked with Gigabyte, upgate the BIOS and reinstall the OS, on differents HDD and one SSD, and the problem remains there.

How can I be sure that the problem is not the micro? Can I fond any utility to check it?

Regards

-------------------------

No one knows that you know that I know it... then... want to play a game...

10/12/2013 02:35 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

I know what an FX 8320 and a Gigabyte 990FX UD5 is but it's unclear what you mean by " 3 5GHz. 8X ".

In my experience when a PC freezes when turned on but not being used, it is often due to a RAM or BIOS issue. I would recommend Memtest86+ V4.20 or later, run overnight.

You can also test with (1) DIMM only or with a different video card - if you have one, to see if these resolve the issue.

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

10/12/2013 02:40 PM

Author Icon
SinTag
Peon

Hi AMDforMe,

3 5GhZ means 3.5Ghz

x8 means that this micro has 8 Cores

I will find the app that you comment.

I tried with another GPU, same problem

I tried with one DIMM... same problem

Regards

No one knows that you know that I know it... then... want to play a game...

10/12/2013 03:17 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

OK thanks for the explanation. The FX 8320 only comes in one configuration so it was unclear what the additional numbers referred to. It's HIGHLY unlikely that the CPU is the issue as they are completely tested by AMD prior to shipping.

Have you tried any stress testing with P95, OCCT or similar? What RAM brand, model, capacity are you using? It's possible Gigabyte needs to update their BIOS for better compatibility with the RAM you have? Good mobo makers do this all the time as needed when new RAM is released as the ICs change all the time.

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

Edited: 10/12/2013 at 03:42 PM by AMDforMe
Statistics
84179 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.