Topic Title: Warranty Claim Form
Topic Summary: FX Dead
Created On: 10/15/2013 09:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/15/2013 09:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
microsvc
Peon

I have a defective FX and need to submit a warranty claim, but the form is NOT working.  I click the link at the bottom of this page and it's been saying maintenance for DAYS now.  http://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/pib/step3 

Is there another form or another way to get warranty claim?

-------------------------
 10/15/2013 11:31 AM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Sorry to hear that you have a defective FX CPU. They are very rare if in fact it really is defective.

I have seen these "maintenance" responses all over the AMD website in the past 6-9 months. I expect it's a default error message as you wouldn't expect AMD Customer Service and Warranty Claims to both be under maintenance for close to a year, would you?

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

10/15/2013 11:41 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: microsvc I have a defective FX and need to submit a warranty claim, but the form is NOT working.  I click the link at the bottom of this page and it's been saying maintenance for DAYS now.  http://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/pib/step3

Is there another form or another way to get warranty claim?

Best bet is to call the local sales rep etc in your area via phone.

http://www.amd.com/us/aboutamd/contact-us/Pages/locations-type.aspx#so

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Senior Engineering Technician (AEET).

10/15/2013 11:55 AM

Author Icon
microsvc
Peon

I have tried to get to the warranty claims site since Friday, it's "down for maintenance". Seriously?

The CPU is indeed defective.  I have a spare NEW motherboard, same model, and I get the same response on that motherboard, which is nothing.  As soon as I installed a new CPU, it works.  It's the CPU...

10/15/2013 02:38 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Unless these AM3+ mobos are fairly recent production they may not have the correct BIOS to recognise the FX processors, which would result in no response on boot. If the other CPU you tried that works is in fact an FX CPU, then yes it's possible for this FX CPU to be bad, but they are all tested before packaging so it would need to be in-transit damage or electro-static discharge, etc.

It's amazing that you can't e-mail AMD for warranty replacement as in the past... I don't know what the deal is but it's unacceptable, IMO.

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

10/15/2013 02:47 PM

Author Icon
microsvc
Peon

The FX4170 CPU was installed and working for a year, same motherboard.  No overclocking or anything risky.  High quality power supply.  The FX6350 I installed came up right away.

Statistics
84128 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.