Topic Title: Splinter Cell Black List Crash
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/20/2013 08:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/20/2013 08:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
VitorPaludo
Peon

First, sorry for my English, its probably not perfect.

I'm trying to play Splinter Cell Blacklist on Steam, but thats impossible, the game just crash after some time playing and the PC freezes. So i need to reboot. Sometimes the PC also just shutdown.

I've surfed in the web and i found lots of people who says the problem is on the processors AMD FX series and motherboard compability, not only in this game.

So, i updated my BIOS, and all drivers. But the problem persists.

Someone can help me?

SO: WIndows 8.1

Graphic Card: NVDIA GeForce GTX550 Ti

Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD3

Processor: AMD FX 8120

11/20/2013 09:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Crashes are not usually due to the motherboard and CPU, they tend to be software, RAM and driver issues.

There are many things that can cause a PC to crash including operating systems, software, hardware drivers, etc. The first thing I would do is run Memtest86+ V4.20 or V5.0 overnight to check for RAM issues. If that checks out OK then I'd try stress testing your entire PC.

Many people stress test their PC builds with Prime95, OCCT, or similar to try and find hardware issues. If your system passes a 12-24 hour P95 stress test and still crashes then it's not likely hardware related. Then you need to look at video drivers, software, etc.

With the FX-8120 you also want to be sure that you have a sufficient PSU as these 8-core processors draw a lot of power under full load. You should also check that the CPU temp is not exceeding AMD's specified 61C core temp under lengthy video game play. You should check the operating temp of your video card for the same reason. Any of these issues can cause PC operational problems, typically freezing or slowing, not so much actual BSOD or crashing and re-booting.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

Statistics
84146 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.