Topic Title: CPU temperature plz help!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/06/2013 02:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/06/2013 02:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
soroush
Peon

which to trust?the difference in temp is absurd?im so confused, i just assmbled my first pc yesterday, im worried.

12/06/2013 11:31 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

The only temp that matters is the Max core temp. AMD's website specs are woefully poor so they do not list a Max. CPU temp for the Athlon X4 750K that I can find. Typically the Max 24/7 temp for these CPUs is in the 61C-70C range.

I personally prefer Core Temp software as it only list the CPU core temps and not other confusing mis-labeled temps.

-------------------------

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

12/13/2013 05:37 AM

Author Icon
WarchildWP
Peon

I was having similar issues. Basically the software that gives readings between 40-70 deg celsius is the more reliable reading. I'm waiting on a new version of AMD Overdrive as the current doesn't read my FX6350 accurately (actually I haven't checked in a while for the latest version). Speedfan seems to be the best fit for me currently though. Check my post as I got a pretty good explanation from AMD regarding my situation: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=446&threadid=169389&enterthread=y

12/17/2013 02:08 AM

Author Icon
ToorcFist
Peon

All programs show a different temp but all of them are comparably close but this isnt a bad temp for this if your really worried about it clean out any dust and reconfigured your fans. According to HWMonitor my FX8350 runs anywhere from 25c to 35c at idle

It Is What It Is!!

12/17/2013 10:47 AM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

The only temp that actually matters is the full load Core Temp. As long as it's below 61C on the FX-8xxx series, you are within AMD's 24/7 temp and all is good. The idle temps and any temps below 40C are inaccurate, especially the farther you get from 40C - per AMD engineering.

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

Statistics
88757 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.