Topic Title: RMA site unavailable, was broken last week?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/25/2013 06:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/25/2013 06:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

I have tried to submit an RMA request to AMD for the past week. 7 days ago I encountered this postmaster email error. On the same day, I forwarded the response to tech.support@amd.com. I still have not heard back on either account.

ATLCRQASDC00.amd.com

rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

tech.atlcq1support@atlcrqasdc00.amd.com

ATLCRQASDC00.amd.com

gave this error:
Transaction failed 

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: amd.com

tech.atlcq1support@atlcrqasdc00.amd.com
ATLCRQASDC00.amd.com

#554 Transaction failed ##rfc822;TECH.ATLCQ1SUPPORT@AMD.COM

Original message headers:

Received: from atlspsefepv01 (10.180.168.240) by SATLEXDAG01.amd.com
 (10.181.40.3) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 14.2.328.9; Wed, 18 Dec 2013
 19:31:45 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: <TECH.ATLCQ1SUPPORT@AMD.COM>, <tech.support2@amd.com>,
	<Tech.support@amd.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:31:45 -0600
Subject: Warranty Service Request
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="--boundary_13_611c0e5b-832b-47a1-a5fc-7b0d24636802"
Message-ID: <4af6ef46-1be7-4c41-8c03-16488171d77c@SATLEXDAG01.amd.com>
Return-Path:  

Original-Recipient: rfc822;TECH.ATLCQ1SUPPORT@AMD.COM
Final-Recipient: rfc822;tech.atlcq1support@atlcrqasdc00.amd.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 Transaction failed
Remote-MTA: dns;ATLCRQASDC00.amd.com

Today, I figured I would try the RMA process again. I am now receiving this error on the webpage after keying through the 4 steps to reach the RMA warranty form:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /en-us/warranty/rma.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

What is going on? Has everyone at AMD left for the holidays?

I found this related thread back in October: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=446&threadid=168223

12/25/2013 08:06 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

Unfortunately many of us have had the same experience with the AMD website over the past year...

One tech support person told me they were changing systems but that was 6 months ago so who knows what's really going on? It appears to me that AMD out sources their tech support and this results in lots of issues IME and that of other AMD customers.

It took me months working with AMD engineers to get to the bottom of FX based CPU temp reading errors yet AMD Tech Support assured me there were no issues.

Don't know what to tell you regarding the site as it's a real problem IME.

-------------------------

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

12/27/2013 10:51 PM

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

Tried to submit again. I didn't run into the proxy error, but I received the same postmaster failed within minutes of submitting the RMA request. Really unprofessional.

12/28/2013 12:18 AM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

You might try to PM Marc@AMD.

He might not respond until Mon. but he tries to sort this stuff out when he can.

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

12/28/2013 12:55 AM

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

Thanks for the advice. I think I may have seen this recommendation of yours in a previous post here I'll contact Marc.

12/28/2013 01:33 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

I have no idea why in recent years the AMD website is in constant "broken mode" but IME and that of many other AMD customers...sadly it is.

Hopefully Marc can resolve the issues but it certainly does not speak well to AMD's Customer Support if their website is down a LOT and customers can't even process warranty claims and tech support inquires for weeks at a time. THAT is not acceptable customer support IMO.

01/02/2014 09:20 PM

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

Very disappointed. Sent the pm monday, still no response. Tried out the RMA form, same postmaster failed issue. This is appalling. 

01/02/2014 09:50 PM

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

I found that those errors can be fixed if you clean your cache in most browsers.

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

01/02/2014 10:12 PM

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

Originally posted by: WMudrockJr I found that those errors can be fixed if you clean your cache in most browsers.

The mail issue is an internal server error, not browser related. To prove it, I just tried submitting with vanilla IE11, postmaster failed email came back immediately.

01/02/2014 10:18 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

It's definitely the AMD server not the browser or cache. This has been ongoing for close to a year now and AMD Tech Support has confirmed the issue but has been unable to resolve it.

I suspect AMD outsources their consumer tech support/warranty claims and the results are not good at all IME.

01/03/2014 03:18 PM

Author Icon
Ray@AMD
Forum Moderator

Marc is no longer with AMD so you'll have to PM me at ray@amd going forward.

Are you still getting the error ?

AMD Customer Care

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Edited: 01/03/2014 at 03:26 PM by Ray@AMD
 01/05/2014 12:48 AM

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

Originally posted by: Ray@AMD Marc is no longer with AMD so you'll have to PM me at ray@amd going forward.

Are you still getting the error ?

Hi Ray, I am still having the postmaster issue, preventing me from getting this RMA in. I have tried numerous times over the last three weeks to submit, each yielding the same result.

Have there not been any other reports of this behavior? Do you have an email address I could forward the RMA request details to?

01/08/2014 03:27 PM

Author Icon
mikesym1953
Peon

Hi,

In reply to your p[ost AMD warranty returns sucks!!!!

I have been trying also to RMA a CPU for the last couple of weeks and have had no success so far.

I have an RMA number and an addredss to send it to :-

AMD c/o MODUSLINK

100 SMAKTERWEG

VENRAY,  5804 AM

Netherlands

I have tried to use - Christ AMD have now sabotaged my post by not letting me use a clearer text !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Anyway none of the regular couriers, UPS, DHL, and Interlink, recognise the MODuslink  address,( Mind you they do not want anyone to contact them either as no email or Telephone number on their website, Stuck up A********E's).

Has anyone managed to get an RMA to AMD or are AMD just blowing smoke and Mirrors not giving anyone the chance to replace their products when faulty.

I am totally P*******d off with AMD and nothing in this world will get me to recommend there afterservice.

As this will probably be offensive to some AMD old farts I apologise to them but AMD is like most big companies only after your money and sod it if their product goes wrong.

01/09/2014 11:03 AM

Author Icon
occdave
Peon

I have been trying to submit a form since Dec 22. Tried again today with same email message from ostmaster@amd.com">postmaster@amd.com :

ATLCRQASDC00.amd.com rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses: tech.atlcq1support@atlcrqasdc00.amd.com

I tried to send an email to tech.support@amd.com.

I used the Customer Care Email Submission Form at least 2 times and heard nothing back.

I guess my next processor will be Intel.

01/09/2014 02:13 PM

Author Icon
evonsdesigner
Peon

Update: I was able to reach customer support on the phone after waiting 45 minutes. The representative was able to promote an rma request for me straight to the rma department for my FX 8350. He also stated he heard they were out-of-stock and the soonest they would have more is February. 

They acknowledged that the site has been broken since "the beginning of December." Didn't give a date as to when they planned to have it fixed.

The amd processors I had before worked flawlessly. I had a strong loyalty towards AMD. After this nightmare, I will not be buying any more AMD processors.

01/25/2014 12:38 PM

Author Icon
mikesym1953
Peon

Hi,Just to let you know that I finally got my CPU replaced by getting in touch with AMD UK who walked me through the process. If I had not been helped I have no doubt that I would have been unable to complete the process using AMD RMA website.I am just hoping that I do not have to do this again for a very long time.Regards.
Statistics
88815 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.