Topic Title: COOLING FOR FX 9590
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/12/2014 03:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/18/2014 10:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
klepp0906
Peon

Originally posted by: DatDirtyDawG I've been using an H80i for almost two years now with my FX-8350 @4.6.  8 hours of P95 and core temps never reached past 55c and I've never had an issue.  No leaks, nothing.  Also I've been visiting various OC forums for the last several years and have never seen any rampant issue of CLC leakage (not that it doesn't/hasn't happen, I just don't remember ever reading any warning that states "over time all liquid coolers eventually leak") on the contrary liquid cooling is like a staple in all those sites  

If you have zero intention of overclocking then why spend any money on a 3rd party cooler.  My Dad has been running his Phenom IIx6 1090T at stock speeds for years and years using the amd supplied heatsink and is still going strong

SS or it didn't happen. Is turbo and c states off? Goes without saying 4.6 8350 and 4.7 9590 are closer apart that you would think when it comes to tickling the threshold of one of these AIO.

06/26/2014 07:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DatDirtyDawG
Peon

Originally posted by: klepp0906
Originally posted by: DatDirtyDawG I've been using an H80i for almost two years now with my FX-8350 @4.6.  8 hours of P95 and core temps never reached past 55c and I've never had an issue.  No leaks, nothing.  Also I've been visiting various OC forums for the last several years and have never seen any rampant issue of CLC leakage (not that it doesn't/hasn't happen, I just don't remember ever reading any warning that states "over time all liquid coolers eventually leak") on the contrary liquid cooling is like a staple in all those sites  

If you have zero intention of overclocking then why spend any money on a 3rd party cooler.  My Dad has been running his Phenom IIx6 1090T at stock speeds for years and years using the amd supplied heatsink and is still going strong

SS or it didn't happen. Is turbo and c states off? Goes without saying 4.6 8350 and 4.7 9590 are closer apart that you would think when it comes to tickling the threshold of one of these AIO.

Firstly, the 8 hours on p95 was done when I finished my overclock to test it's stability, I do not run that program every day nor do I fold or any of that. My system gets turned off every night and I like the extra speed for rendering my videos for youtube.

As I said before my core temps hovered in the mid 50's the whole time. Sorry, I don't have the time (or the inclination) to run P95 for 8 hours for you.  The choice to believe me is up to you.  Do or don't makes no difference to me.  My rig runs wonderfully at 4.6 with an H80i

Both Turbo and CQ are off and my system is OC'd using the multiplier only

-------------------------

FX-8350|Sabertooth 990FX R2.0|H80i|GTX 770SC 4GB|GSkill Ripjaws 16GB 

AMD Support and Game » AMD Processors (CPU) » COOLING FOR FX 9590

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
88893 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.