Topic Title: cpu not supported by windows 7?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2014 11:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2014 11:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pannland
Peon

Okay i pulled out one of my old systems from storage and put a graphics card in it, installed windows 7 and wtf!?!?! The cpu is an x2 4800+ and in windows and on cpuz it shows as "AMD hammer family processor model unknown" and only a single core. This is confusing me quite a lot. I know with new software etc this setup is not ideal but its just as an extra machine for around the house...Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

01/14/2014 12:46 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

More than likely the issue is the mobo BIOS needs to be updated to recognize the CPU properly. Win 7 should run on any of the AMD X86 CPUs.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

01/14/2014 08:44 PM

Author Icon
pannland
Peon

Yeah cant believe I didn't think of updating the bios, thanks for the suggestion. Actually the system feels pretty decent for just web browsing and light gaming. Glad i brought it back from the dead..

Statistics
80909 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.