Topic Title: New CPU, No splashscreen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/16/2014 06:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/16/2014 06:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
whitesound
Peon

Hey, i recently bought a new CPU for my computer, i will start off with telling you my specifications which is 

Motherboard: M5A99X EVO R2.0

OLD CPU: Phenom II X2

NEW CPU: AMD FX 8350 8 Core

GPU: Powercolor 7970

Powersupply: 500W Coolermaster

So, i took out the old CPU, everything was working fine but when i put in the new one and started up the computer

the fans started spinning but i didn't get splashscreen, the screen was all black. So i updated Bios to the most

recent update but it still didn't work, I am left clueless. So the problem is my new CPU isn't working but when i put in the

Old one it works again, i tried putting in my friends AMD FX 8320, Even tho its pins is a bit bent it didn't work either.

I am very thankful for every response since i have no idea at all what the problem could be.

Best regards, whitesound.

03/16/2014 10:24 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Are you using BIOS 1006 or later and does it show as being installed properly? You should also clear CMOS when you switch CPUs.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

03/16/2014 10:56 PM

Author Icon
whitesound
Peon

Originally posted by: AMDforMe Are you using BIOS 1006 or later and does it show as being installed properly? You should also clear CMOS when you switch CPUs.

Bios version 2201 i think

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 07:06 AM by whitesound
Statistics
84194 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.