Topic Title: AMD processor at 92 Celcius, what's next??????
Topic Summary: Overheated up to 92 Celcius.
Created On: 03/20/2014 01:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/20/2014 01:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MeneerWitte
Peon

Dear Lady/Sir,

Kindly I ask your attention.

I have a AMD Phenom II x6 1055t and it has reached a temperatur of 92 Celcius.

Till know it's working, I had some errors. I installed all newly and it's still working good, at the moment.

What happened to the processor?

Should I buy a new one?

When so 'Why?'.

They say on the net that the best temperature is about 62 Celcius.

And, which AM3+ processor could I put on the M5A99FX Pro r2.0?

Memory OC on the board might reach 2133 Mhz, an eight core might be possible. What about the 140 Watt of the mainboard and the 220 Watt of the cpu?

When it's OC, let me know what I need and what is possible. Just don't forget, I will not pay more for an upgrade than a complete system.

Many thanks in advance!

Hopefully I let you known enough, I'll be waiting for your reply!

Good luck and have fun doing it!

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS: Just after I send the question:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=446&threadid=160921&enterthread=y

Well, should I or shouldn't I buy another processor?

03/20/2014 09:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

Your PII CPU core temp should not be anywhere near 92C if the HSF is properly attached and the fan running properly. Have you checked the HSF and/or cleaned it? PII CPUs typically start showing errors in the range of 55C-62C core temp even though some work fine up to the max AMD recommended 62C.

You should check your CPU core temp with the applet Core Temp. "CPU" temp is NOT core temp, it is the CPU socket temp which typically runs 10C-25c higher than the core temp. All that matters is the max core temp under max load.

Asus has listed on their website the CPUs that are supported for each model mobo and Rev. Most AM3+ mobos do NOT support the 220w FX-9000 series CPUs. The better AM3+ mobos have a proper mobo VRM design to support the FX-8xxx series mobos.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

Edited: 03/22/2014 at 12:22 PM by AMDforMe
Statistics
85345 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.