Topic Title: cpu concern
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/26/2014 10:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2014 10:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
crabscg
Peon

pc specs are cpu amd fx-8350 gpu nvidia gtx 760 mobo asrock 990fx extreme 3 memory 16gb 1600 gskillz 1tb hdd windows 8.1 pro

few month ago my pc started with problems won't boot wont recognize usb freeze corrupt windows few days latter my watter cooler stop working and the cpu temp got from 35c to 73c and the pc shut down since that day i change mobo gpu and memory i use to have a quad cpu i think it was phenom x4 955 or 965 dont remember 560 gtx gpu and 8gb 1333 of memory the pc specs is what i have now evrything got fix ecept the pc still freeze sometimes did the cpu got damage because the high temps? 

and in advance thanks for your help!!

03/26/2014 10:54 AM

Author Icon
crabscg
Peon

sorry forgot something to say the cpu concern come with the fx-8350 because it got very hot close to 73c since that day the freeze started again

03/26/2014 01:19 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

70C is where the FX-8350 CPU starts to regulate itself so that it won't burn up. Depending on how hot it actually got it might have done some damage but there is no means to really know for sure.

There are many issues that can cause a PC to freeze. I typically start troubleshooting by running Memtest 86+ overnight to check for RAM errors. You should also check the core temp of the CPU under heavy load to make sure it is below 61.1C according to AMD. Next would be to check the CPU vcore to see if it's in the normal range at light and under heavy loads. The applet OCCT will record the voltages and temps while stress testing the system. 

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

03/28/2014 08:45 PM

Author Icon
mrfla
Nerfed

First be sure you using the right power supply in that case at least 600 watts, now if the psu is a good one, be sure that everything is up to date and if it's the case go to your bios, look for all options and be sure everything is ok, look if your hardware is recognized correctly and look if there's any overclocking options or something that could cause a problem and if your not sure about some options look in your mobo manual. If it still crashing and freezing you should try to see with your parts manufacturer if there's a RMA possibility. Hope it helped you.

03/30/2014 12:18 PM

Author Icon
crabscg
Peon

i have 850w powersuply as of now everything is up to date but today i was transfering some files from the main hdd to a secondary one and i notice that the main hdd stop when 35% to 40% of transfering data for a few seconds and then star transfering again in that periond the pc got very slow was checking cpu temp and load and the cpu was cool the main hdd was at 100% but not transfering data

04/04/2014 02:26 AM

Author Icon
mrfla
Nerfed

maybe hdd got a virus or something and it made your cpu overheat and crash since now you cannot transfert some files it can be damaged too. try to connect that hdd in another sata port just in case to see if it's not your sata port too.

Statistics
86409 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.