Topic Title: HELP!!! I know that my new processor not run correctly
Topic Summary: I know that my new processor not run correctly and i need help
Created On: 06/19/2014 11:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2014 11:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

Hello, my name is Ruben and I entered this forum because I have a problem with my newly purchased FX8320 processor. I do not write much English but try your best. Where i play a video game, which is a fps drop occurs for about 3 or 4 seconds. For example, I'm playing to 50 or 60 fps when suddenly and without any reason, the fps drop to 5-10-15 fps and it happens with all the games I play (Total war, Far cry3, Fifa14, Crysis, Mirror Edge, The Witcher2 etc ...) and it's always the same thing, the same drop in fps. Almost always in the range of 1 minute between fall and fall. I searched the web, forums etc ... and found someone who could fix it said in a way. (I was to download AMD OverDrive and remove the option that is enabled by default on the processor call TurboCore). At first it seemed to work but after some time spent stopped working, because having fallen back to fps. I tested the temperatures and I think that is not the problem, because as much reaches 65 or 70 playing, and that at times. (I have a cooling freezer 7 pro rev2.0 and seems to work well). I've tried everything and I'm desperate, idk if the processor is defective or if there is any configuration that is causing fps drops in there. I do that, I'm desperate. I need help please-_-¬ _ ¬. I would appreciate very much
 06/20/2014 12:01 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

70°C is to hot.

-------------------------
AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 06/20/2014 12:27 AM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

First thing to confirm is the INTERNAL CPU core temp, NOT the CPU temp. Use the applet Core Temp to see what the full-load INTERNAL CPU core temp is in heavy gaming. If the INTERNAL CPU core temp is above 61C then the CPU is running too hot according to AMD engineering. At 70C the CPU will automatically throttle itself to keep from burning up.

The Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Rev. 2 is a modest CPU cooler. You may need something better if the INTERNAL CPU core temp is running above 61C. Make sure that your CPU fan setting in the BIOS is at 100%. Whatever you do don't install an inferior, leak prone close loop cooler as constantly promoted by technically challenged people in this forum. Independent objective, scientific testing by reputable websites show how inferior these liquid coolers are compared to a quality tower HSF such as the Xigmatek Aegir SD128264 or similar.

Be advised that CPU coolers perform differently on AMD CPUs vs. Intel CPUs due to the difference in heat spreader surface area. Most of the people trying to pursuade people to use an inferior closed loop liquid cooler don't even know this information nor can they understand the test data. Don't be mislead by technically challenged fanbois.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2572&page=4

Also you can use the applet OCCT to monitor the CPU temp and frequency under load. Many mobo VRM circuits can not properly support an 8-core FX CPU without the VRM circuit overheating. When the VRM circuit overheats it will drop the vcore to .875v and the CPU frequency to 1400 MHz. to cool the VRM circuit. After the circuit cools a bit the vcore and frequency return to normal until the VRM circuit overheats again and the same cycling repeats itself over and over because the mobo was never properly designed to handle the power of an 8-core FX processor even though the mobo maker may claim otherwise.

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

06/20/2014 01:59 AM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

Thank you very much for your help. As you say, I gather that the refrigerator is good, I think so. EL CPU fan is always at 100%, of that I'm sure. I installed CoreTemp and give me 23 min and 61 ° maximum, but I do not understand. I have also looked at the AMD OverDrive and the results are more disastrous, this program always gives me a temperature of 20 °, which is not logical. IN this link (https://mega.co.nz/ #! UB5nEIhB! GD5WChzGYXVGme2NNP33HW_aGUIOan88ZONodjOwnKY) is a rar containing 2 txt files in which this information on the temperature and the voltage OverDrive has given me while I played around 1 hour or so.
In this link (https://mega.co.nz/ #! FY4hwagI! DqUwZESOtS-mWS3BZyGm5CnBCPt2woBK3eBvSylhx-A) contains a txt that generated my CoreTemp. CoreTemp must tell you that I had it 2 days ago and gave me temperatures of 70 and 71 degrees Celsius not know why but now gives me these temperatures. I had it before and it gave me that, I uninstall the software and I've reinstalled tonight and gave me no more than 60 ... is very rare.
I should also say that OverDrive also had it installed before and gave me temperatures of 65 degrees and more, but now, recently installed, give me those weird that bypasses temperatures 30 degrees Celsius. It is very rare.

Not to do, may be the temperature but i not know because the programs each time I get different values ??...
Nose if the processor is defective or in this case is just the sink and refrigerator. It is to get in touch with the store if I have any product to be exchanged or if it can be fixed with some settings.

I hope I have expressed myself correctly and I think I said everything I had in my mind. I'm very angry because it is not a good processor and annoys me to play well.
I also left this link in a txt out all the information from my PC.
(Https://mega.co.nz/ #! RVRUETab! HjLIISxc7cXmbVLJ5WVyyEOQ_QEINh9Ag0YhH7ow3f0)
I also thought that it could be the thermal paste. In that case, it would not be a problem because I have thermal paste and exchange.

">I'm sorry if my reading is complicated or difficult to read, but my friend Google Translate helped me to write in English
Thank you so much for your attention and I hope that I can fix, I hope.

06/20/2014 02:11 AM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Originally posted by: AMDforMe

Whatever you do don't install an inferior, leak prone close loop cooler as constantly promoted by technically challenged people in this forum. Independent objective, scientific testing by reputable websites show how inferior these liquid coolers are compared to a quality tower HSF such as the

SO POST THE LINKS! You keep linking the same outdated one in all your posts.

Here's the Updated one you forgot about.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2723&page=4

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

06/20/2014 02:44 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Did you install the new processor and heatsink correctly? http://www.tomshardware.com/re...eat-spreader,3600.html

AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 06/20/2014 11:32 AM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

I've changed the thermal paste from the processor. It was set that came with the heatsink, but I've changed and now the entire surface of the processor, I made sure not to let the sides. I now proves to play a little, see what happens ... I will keep you informed.

06/20/2014 12:17 PM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

Good morning guys. I've been playing and will continue to produce the Fallen fps, but could say that now falls are more continuous, I is almost unplayable play and is very annoying. The scores coreTemp me a maximum temperature of 66 º Celsius and OverDrive (I do not trust much of this program) gave me highs of 45 degrees Celsius. Every time I turn on the PC and game programs tell me something different ... I do not understand.
Also *** I must say that the SpeedFan gave me at most 81 ° in the CPU but not if this counts for something.
I do that, like a temperature problem, but not if the processor or heatsink and / or CPU fan.
I can ensure that the CPU fan is always at 100% and I've put new thermal paste that covers the entire contact area of the processor and the heatsink.
I need help, nose to do ...

****Editing this message.
I've also put the AIDA64 and when I'm playing I minimize the game and immediately puts me all cores is about 60 ° or 62 °. I'm almost certain that is what is causing warming that fall ... What should I do?

Edited: 06/20/2014 at 01:45 PM by rubyy
 06/20/2014 02:39 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Improve your cooling. It should not get any warmer than 55°C. How is the airflow?

06/20/2014 02:39 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

66C core temp as shown by the applet Core Temp is too high as AMD states 61C as the max temp.

The excess temp may be due to your modest HSF. Before you change HSFs however I would check the vcore under load as many mobos run in the "auto" mode over-volt the 8-core CPUs and must use manual settings to keep the vcore where it belongs under heavy load. If your mobo has Load line Conditioning you can try the various settings to see which one holds the vcore closest to the default setting. Typically your vcore should be around ~1.35v. If your vcore is jumping too high under load this will cause the CPU to overheat.

The CLC fanbois poison every thread here that they can with false claims and promotion of the inferior closed loop coolers. Take a look at the link I posted and see if you can obtain one of the quality top 5 HSFs for better cooling - if need be. It's easy to be mislead by technically challenged people who promote their favorite mistake.

As far as AMD's Overdrive program is concerned the earlier versions should read the same as Core Temp. The latest iteration with "thermal margin" is defective in design and uses the 70C overheat temp instead of the proper maximum 61C for your CPU. I do not recommend using the latest version of AOD for temps.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=446&threadid=172872&enterthread=y

BTW, if you haven't already noticed, those who can't refute the inferiority of closed loop coolers prefer to attack the messenger hoping that by doing so this will change reality. It doesn't. The objective, scientific test data substantiates how poor CLCs are in addition to their serious leak liability that has damaged many a PC. Read the CLC threads at the Corsair website to see for yourself.

Technical ignorance is NOT a destiny it is a choice. Do your homework so that you can make technically informed decisions and not be duped by advertising hype or mis-information stated as fact when its not.

06/20/2014 02:57 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Ignore AMDforMe. He is like that really annoying kid in school who would bug you to the point of getting decked, and the teacher would never do anything to. He spreads misinformation and unsubstantiated claims across nearly every thread he posts in.

06/20/2014 03:32 PM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

Ok, I understand. but first of all, that is HSF? I guess it's the heatsink and the processor fan. I was looking at the processor voltage and was 1.25 so I do not understand. I'll post a picture in which there is a screenshot where you can see the voltage and CPU temperatures. In this case proves it while I play Napoleon Total war. The link is: https://mega.co.nz/#!7cY0gDDT!bTC38wWeq9jqnjRxn9BNKDcEccImBq0dyxrQ6Oo0t7k
In fact, 2 days ago I think I saw that the CPU voltage went up to 3V or something.
According tell you, what I do is I put a 1.25 voltage of the processor in the BIOS? Esque nose if the change will harm me something or if I will go the product warranty.
Should I change the CPU voltage in the BIOS and then you say?

PS: What is that 24/7? I do not know what it is XD
PD2: The coreTemp say Tj. Max: 70 °

******Editing ...
When the processor is idle cores and 1400MHz down to the low voltage less than 1V, and I appreciated that.

The cooling of the PC is good or should be because I have removed the top of the tower.

Edited: 06/20/2014 at 04:01 PM by rubyy
 06/20/2014 03:58 PM

Author Icon
Earnhardt
Case Modder

Originally posted by: black_zion Ignore AMDforMe. He is like that really annoying kid in school who would bug you to the point of getting decked, and the teacher would never do anything to. He spreads misinformation and unsubstantiated claims across nearly every thread he posts in.

So very true.

Not to mention,AMD uses them( R9 295)and recommends them for the 9000 series CPU's.

Intel sold them for the 39XX series CPU

http://www.techspot.com/review/756-water-cooling-vs-air-cooling/page3.html

Another thing,just went on the corsair forums,not a whole lot on leaks,a couple here and there,but for the most part,not much.But then I guess AMDforMe will just say they delete all the negative threads there.

I then googled AIO/CLC leaks.found no "objective, scientific test data " Weird!

AMD Phenom II 1100t @4.0Ghz /Asus sabertooth 990fx/2x Gigabyte 3G 7950's in crossfire/500G samsung 840 ssd/16G G-Skill Ripjaw 1600/2-samsung 24" monitors 1920X1200/Corsair AX1200W psu/W7 pro 64,G19 keyboard,Roccat kone pure mouse,Cooler master HAF932,Corsair H100i water cooler,Zalman ram cooler.Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series,Logitech Z5500 speakers,Roccat Kave 5.1 headset.

Edited: 06/20/2014 at 04:04 PM by Earnhardt
 06/20/2014 06:05 PM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

I must also say that a friend of mine has exactly the same pc (processor, source, fridge etc ...) under the graph that has the HD 7870 and now this, all else equal, and will not produce the decreases in fps that happens to me, because I've played on your PC and play games like FEAR3, FIFA14, Shogun2 stable at 60 fps, so I do not understand, because it is the same processor, same board and same refrigerator ... I do not understand

06/20/2014 10:18 PM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

IMPORTANT!!!!!! READ IT PLEASE!!!!

I have good news ... I tried the heatsink that came with the processor and it has not reached such high temperatures.
To test the temperature with two sinks, I played the same game, Napoleon Total War and you sink that came with the processor, it has not caused me any fps drop, no, everything went smooth and without problems. With Arctic cooling heatsink ... has always lowered fps, always, even now that just compare.
Well, I leave this link where there is a txt file that has registered temperatures will sink that came in the box with the processor (with this heatsink has gone well)
https://mega.co.nz/#!7JYWzLKD!dwsoc0Iyq8PDvyucmK8J3iAeAlNrJMOi8xqPxoE6Lx0
Now I pass another link that has been registered with the cooler temperatures that I bought (this is what gives problems)

https://mega.co.nz/#!2UBiFRZK!WEiyEAFfZT9-5_zfI2VVGB61DzsbxvP9bKNPmBJP6l8

I must also say that after spending some time with the PC, restart and I got into the bios (with the heatsink that gives problems) and saw marked as the processor and temperature was 65 °. EL CoreTemp when played with this cooler has marked a maximum temperature of 65 º
Then put the heatsink that came with the box you (that does not sink problems) and started at a temperature of 45 º and came in at a temperature of 52 º BIOS itself. The hen coreTemp played with this cooler has marked a maximum temperature of 55 º.
After i was playing with that sink without any problems.
Then I went back to change the sink and put BIOS (since I was now defective sink) and started at a temperature of 50 ° and reached a temperature of 59 ° or something else in the same BIOS.
After I started playing again and fallen FPS ...

Does this mean that the heatsink is defective and I need to replace it?
Also I have to say I still have the voltage settings BIOS Processor at 1.25 V
I think the problem is in the sink.
Guys do you think? ...
I need an answer, I would come fairly well other opinions ... Thank you all for your patience and dedication to my problem.
thank you very much

06/20/2014 10:49 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

I would say it is yes, though if you do not overclock and the noise isn't an issue, you can keep the stock one on.

06/20/2014 11:13 PM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

I have other news. I've been playing Far Cry 3 with the heatsink that came like the processor and reached a maximum temperature of 69 º, but I keep saying that I have not experienced any drop in fps or anything like that, all been very stable ... I still do not know what is wrong. (I do not understand ... I know that's a lot of heat but has not failed me in fps or anything ... I do not understand ... SOMEONE HELP mE! !

06/21/2014 12:02 AM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

Originally posted by: rubyy I have other news. I've been playing Far Cry 3 with the heatsink that came like the processor and reached a maximum temperature of 69 º, but I keep saying that I have not experienced any drop in fps or anything like that, all been very stable ... I still do not know what is wrong. (I do not understand ... I know that's a lot of heat but has not failed me in fps or anything ... I do not understand ... SOMEONE HELP mE! !

I've also noticed that the back of the box is very hot, but only to the extent to which this processor, the rest of the box is well and does not heat ... not to do, idk if sink directly wrong or if the processor is defective ... not to do ...

06/21/2014 10:56 AM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Overclocker

The original AMD CPU fan that comes in the box should cool your CPU properly unless you have excessive ambient temps of 90+ F or some other issue like too high of vcore.

These 8-core CPUs produce a lot of heat so it is normal for the box to be hot when the CPU is under heavy load such as with stress testing or heavy gaming. You may need a better fan set-up for more case airflow?

06/21/2014 01:10 PM

Author Icon
rubyy
Peon

Originally posted by: AMDforMe The original AMD CPU fan that comes in the box should cool your CPU properly unless you have excessive ambient temps of 90+ F or some other issue like too high of vcore.

These 8-core CPUs produce a lot of heat so it is normal for the box to be hot when the CPU is under heavy load such as with stress testing or heavy gaming. You may need a better fan set-up for more case airflow?

I do not know but it is very rare. A friend of mine has the same processor, the same plate and the same heatsink and fan and the temperature does not exceed 35 or 40 degrees Celsius. It is very rare. I have also gone home and we tried with different combinations of processors and heatsinks. Below I put all
(All temperatures are leaving here the maximum temperatures)
(All tests not Fallen fps were in any case)
-Processor my friend + me fan + my fan heatsink: 45 ° maximum load
-My processor + my fan + my  heatsink: 55 ° with maximum load
-My processor + my friend heatsink + my friend fan: 48 ° with maximum load.

Rarely, on he also goes something temperatures but not so ami. Again you have the same board, the same source and almost all the same.
Can not be that the socket on the motherboard or the same motherboard faulty? I have no idea but it's very rare and I'm desperate. Nose that is what is wrong.

Thank you very much for your help

Statistics
88790 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.