When posting a thread about a particular issue you are experiencing it is very helpful if you provide as much information as possible. Please use the template below, and be as detailed as you can. It will enable your fellow forum members to provide more accurate and helpful suggestions.
- include the specific brand & model (ex: ASUS Radeon HD7970-DC2-3GD5)
- if any over-clocking is being done then provide GPU & memory clocks, and the application used to over-clock
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously
- 32-bit/64-bit; Service Pack, etc..
- include details about additional operating systems also tested
- include specifics on symptoms, and steps to reproduce the issue
- describe in detail the issue experienced
- for 3D Games, please include details of your in-game graphics settings (ex: Anti-Aliasing, VSync, etc..)
- links to videos or pictures that may demonstrate your issue
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- include the specific brand & model (ex: DELL XPS 8500, or ASUS M4A88TD-V)
- include specific brand & model with output wattage
- a link to the manufacturer’s product page with specifications, or a picture of the unit’s label is helpful
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- include specific brand & model (ex: DELL U2411)
- include specifics about any cables, adapters, splitters, hubs, used
Applications and Games
- list out all applications and games where the issue is occurring
- include details about version or patch numbers
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.)
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock)
Motherboard BIOS Version
- the BIOS version is displayed as soon as your system is powered on (ex: ASUS BIOS 1015)
System Memory Type & Amount
- include specific brand & model
- include specifics about the harddrive(s) used (ex: SSD boot drive), # of case fans, optical drives installed, or any additional PCI, or PCIe devices installed
- include information about any system checks that have already been done to ensure the system is clean of viruses, spyware, etc..
- include information about any checks that have already been done to ensure hardware is not faulty. (ex: hardware swaps, Prime95 for CPU testing, Memtest86 for memory testing)
AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
04:41 PM by