Topic Title: 990fx raid5 issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/01/2012 11:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2012 11:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
novacrash
n00b

I had an issue with raid 5, when the system is booted. I believe it correctly detect LD and Port, so you can swap cable around while the computer is turned off and it will still be ok upon boot.

I decided to customize my sata cable with nice cable, my system was in sleep mode and I said to myself it will ok anyway it's plug and play!

But I mess up and switch port 3 with port 4. Upon resume windows never saw anything wrong. I decided to look at RaidExpert to see if anything was wrong and went for a synchronization with redundancy check only. It was way too long and believed that if anything was wrong it would have found out in the beginning of the scan.

Then problem start to arise, I reboot and windows want to repair my drive corrupting the filesystem while doing so. I shut it down knowing something was wrong. I look back at cable and realize that I've switch 3 and 4, with the system turn off I plug them back in correct order but upon boot they are assign like they were "reversed". So I boot back into windows (the raid isn't my main) and then put the system to sleep and switch the port 3 and 4. 

Now everything seem fine, but I wanted to report this issue! I know it was my fault but isn't the system supposed to detect issue like that since it's plug and play.

09/01/2012 11:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Uh, no, especially not in sleep mode.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
85421 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.