Topic Title: right chipset drivers?? Latest causes some gaming probs.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/25/2013 01:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/25/2013 01:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
picdriver
Peon

Afternoon folks...My mobo is an Asus M4a79xtd evo. The AMD chipset drivers originally installed were from the Asus website & date back to 2010...& have had no probs.

I found there were updated drivers on this site (2013) & installed them a few weeks ago.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx#2

(It say they are for the 700 series.) The install didn't seem to go too well...& said there were errors installing (or something along those lines)...& it took an age to open folders/move mouse etc until I rebooted.

Didn't realise till yesterday that bf3 mp was rubberbanding/jerking a lot/ far cry 3 jerky as hell because of the install...reinstalled the old drivers & everything back to normal.

They seem to be the right drivers for this board? (or am I wrong). Just like to keep things up to date if possible & can't understand why they had an adverse effect..would try again but don't want to go thru that massive slowdown after initial install...Any thoughts? TIA..Andy.  (for now it's a case of if it aint broke..)

Win7 64 bit. (possible I downloaded from win 8 tab..dunno...but the files seem to be the same anyway)

phenom 965 be/geforce 670.

Statistics
84888 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.