Topic Title: Does AMD support 6 GPU's on a single motherboard?
Topic Summary: 6 GPU's with AMD mining ring.
Created On: 07/10/2013 01:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/10/2013 01:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
luis77
Peon

Hello.

I am searching components to make a 6 GPU's mining ring.

I want also to by a cheap processor now and later extange the processor to sell a computer at hinger price. The cheap processor must be max 55w.

I found that intel ivy bridge can have that, but the top processors are very expensive.

I didn't found any AMD motherboard with 6 Pci-e, but found with 5.

* Does AMD support 6 GPU's on a single motherboard?

* Does a 5 pci-e motherboard run 5 7950 GPU's at the same time and with a cheap processor(55w)? (example: FM2-A85XA-G65)

I am still seaching for AMD because the AMD have better products to sell later, but maybe doesn't have the motherboard and processor that i need.

I think with the new intel Haswel i can't have a cheap processor because will be no more celerons and pentiums.

08/09/2013 05:09 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

There is no AMD-based maximum to the number of GPUs on a board, at least not one that we've found yet. It will all depend on the motherboard and how many PCIe slots that you've got, as well as how they're wired.

The chipset and software won't restrict the number of cards, the motherboard will be the big one there, so contacting the motherboard manufacturer to find any 6-GPU-compatible models would be a good next step.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/09/2013 05:29 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Be aware that due to updates in bitcoin mining, the money you will spend on a mining rig and the electricity running it will never be exceeded by the amount of money made on bitcoins.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
84237 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.