Topic Title: Realtek HD Audio Issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/24/2013 08:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/24/2013 08:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BNoel87
Peon

I'm sure this topic has been brought up countless times and I apologize if it seems like beating a dead dog but I've recently come across this problem and after a few days of searching i haven't found a solution that works for me.

My setup are as follows:

Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3

AMD Phenom II X4 840

AMD Radeon HD 6870

Windows 7 64-bit

The problem is after installing and using the 6870 once through the HDMI port (I was connecting it to my TV at the time since my monitor has no HDMI port) my onboard audio has gone silent. There's power going through my speakers, my headset works perfectly, and the speakers work with an external card (which quite honestly I'd prefer not to use). Rolling back has not worked, uninstalling drivers has not worked, and even reformatting has not worked. I've tried various solutions regarding Realtek Audio settings with no success. A lot of my research has boiled down to something involving the HDMI output and it somehow shutting off the onboard audio but even when I not only disable the feature from within Windows but as well as through the BIOS and uninstall the drivers associated with it I still have no sound through the onboard device. I'll keep poking around for solutions but I'm looking for help from any source I can get it.

Statistics
89039 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.