Topic Title: CS5536, usb device controller
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/26/2013 09:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/26/2013 09:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vili
Peon

Hello  Everyone,

I have to develop a gadget reachable from a computer as an USB device. My idea is to use an embedded PC. I have learned the USB port of most PCs can not work as device, only as host, but fortunately the CS5536 companion device is capable of being device on usb port 4.

Well, as it happens I have an PCM-3353 CPU card with an CS5536 on it, however the bios AwardBIOS (v6.00, V1.14 08/11/2008) does not seem to like it. I say that because when I choose the "device" option in the "advanced chipset features\Port 4 assigment", the device controller does not appear in the PCI space.

Newertheless, when I map the USB device controller to the memory space (0x5120000A) and ask the GLIU to show it (0x51010025), the native registers appear in the memory space.

My problem is I feel the description of the native registers in the "CS5536 Companion Device Data Book" is, well, say, too brief to me. The descriptions of the OHC and EHC are brief too, but being standardized devices I have found their detailed specifications at the intel.com. But after many-many google, I did not find similar information about the device controller, and I am almost desperate now.

So my question is would anybody be kind enough to show me some further documentation about the "usb device controller" of the cs5536? Some sample code, by chance?

Best regards, vili

Statistics
81033 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.