Topic Title: still BSOD (amdsbs.sys) on windows 8 because of Raid-0 + single disk
Topic Summary: (990FXA-ud3, tried MS-drivers, 13.4 and 13.9 drivers) windows 7 works fine.
Created On: 11/18/2013 09:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2013 09:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
The_Countess
Peon

so i have a gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 with a raid-0 and a single SSD.

this works fine in windows 7.

but in windows 8 i always get a BSOD. after a lot of frustration trying different things i found a topid that said it was the fact i had the single driver connected as a RAID disk as well. moving it to port 4-5 and setting that to IDE fixed it, but obviously at a cost to performance.

but i also got the impression that most people no longer have this problem with the 13.9 drivers.

i could get windows 8 installed if i was carefull not to have it connected to the internet, it seems the MS RTM drivers do work. but even with windows updates set to manual, it would update the drivers and start with the  BSOD at the next restart.

it now works in IDE mode and isn't exactly 'slow' but still, i would like it back in raid/ahci mode. is this still being worked on? i couldn't really find a place to report chipset-drivers issues like with the graphics drivers.

01/05/2014 08:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
The_Countess
Peon

just to inform anyone who has a simular problem:

the new 13.12 chipset drivers seem to have fixed the problem.

Statistics
85480 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.