I just picked a whole bouquet of oopsie-daiseys
I also am totally new to PC Gaming
I just purchased a laptop with an A10-4600M + 7670M (7660G + 7670M Dual Graphics, which I'm sure you guys already know, but I'm trying to be precise).
The general concensus of what I could find out about the graphics situation was that everything was miles better if I updated the graphics drivers to 12.8 (3) with embedded Catalyst 12.9.
So I downloaded those ^^^, and here's what happened.
1. First I started with auto-detect drivers from the AMD site. Everytime I ran it, it said something like "OS and drivers could not be detected" (or nothing at all happened)
2. I installed 12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc ---> here's where it went bad. During installation, I did not read that the display would flicker or cut out. After two minutes of nothing happening, I shut it down hard (DARN!)
3. Upon reboot, I installed 12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc correctly. (AMD Catalyst Display Driver)
4. I applied amd_catalyst_12.8_cap3 (12.8 (3) profile)
5. I installed 9.00-120815a-146736C-EDG_Direct (Embedded Catalyst 12.9)
6. I ran the verification tool catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util and it told me "AMD Catalyst Mobie cannot be downloaded because of incompatible hardware/software on my PC"
Heres where I am --->
Display Adapter #1 AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series is Driver version 8.982.0.0
Display Adapter # 2 AMD Radeon HD 7660G + 7600M (why does it say 7600M when it should be 7670M?) is Driver version 22.214.171.124
What have I done? Where should I be? What can I do?