Topic Title: Graphics drivers for E732Z at Win XP
Topic Summary: ATI program wont run at Windows xp trying to instal driver.
Created On: 09/27/2012 06:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2012 06:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Meridian
n00b

Hi. My name is Simon an I have my work cut out for me, to say the least.

Never mind the long and borring storry of why I am at the stage I am, I just hope someone here can help me as this is getting wrather irritating.

I reasently baught a new HDD drive to my laptop E732Z and it worked fine. Yey. So I installed Windows XP as I actually have the orriginal baught XP Professional on disk. The laptop came at the time of purchase with win7 so I know Im puching it but I have redd about people that have installed XP on there machines whitout any problem. Any way XP went in without a hitch éxept that all the hardware components are not included in the XP program. So I set out to find the correct drivers and install them manually. And there have so far only been one problem, the graphics card.

The file I find recomended for XP on the web is:

VGA_AMD_v.8.613.0.0000_Vistax86x64

But there are two things that springs to mind at first glants:

First of, the name "Vista" is included in the files name and second, it doesn't work on XP.

The ATI program opens but it ceeps saying that it cant start some of the programs modules.

Messages like: "Catalyst could not initiate program utility" or something like that.

Fist of, is there any AMD Video Graphics Accelerator for E732Z to run in XP that I overlooked?

And if I do have the rigt file alreddy what are the posibilities for the program not to be working.

I realize that this is not much to go on but one can hope.

Thank you for any help.

Simon

09/27/2012 07:22 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Message deleted due to the insinuation that the OP may be dumber than a sack of hammers for removing Windows 7 and replacing with Windows XP on a laptop might cause the OP to rage.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 09/27/2012 07:32 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: black_zion Message deleted due to the insinuation that the OP may be dumber than a sack of hammers for removing Windows 7 and replacing with Windows XP on a laptop might cause the OP to rage.

lolololol

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

09/27/2012 09:15 PM

Author Icon
Meridian
n00b

Ah, so in other words, you cant prouce the answers I seek.

Thank you for your reply anyway, i like a swift responce.

To anybody ells out there, this is still a priority for me to get working correctly. This is not a joke and putting my mental development aside I do not think that it is utterly mad to put XP on this computer, it will work, with the margin of the obvious conflicts that I alredy knew about from the start. The problem I wrote about in the orriginal post is not one of these. I suspect that the problem may in fact turn out to be quite easyly fixed once found. Many computer probles are. I know, far from all. I am fully prepared that this may not in the end be resolved but I would love for someone to rise to the chalange.

09/27/2012 09:34 PM

Author Icon
fretboard

It's an eMachines ACER/GATEWAY laptop ? If so, then you might be SOL as AMD's Catalyst Mobility drivers may not work correctly on it. You can try, but as that machine has no XP drivers for it, then finding suitable ones might not happen and if you do manage to find drivers, then they might not work correctly due to the way it was built ( If it only had W7 support, then components may not work with XP due to proprietary limitations imposed by the manufacturer etc ).

Is English your native language BTW ? Just asking ..

AM3 965BE / Corsair H70 / 4Gb Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair Force3 90Gb / x2 HD3870 Atomic Edition / x4 1Tb Storage & Momentus XT 250Gb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian-Li PC-7FNWB / Logitech X-530 / Logitech KBoard & MX620 / Logitech C525 / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM

Statistics
84878 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.