Topic Title: CPU core speed slider disappeared from AMD CCC 12.8
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/28/2012 06:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/28/2012 06:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HarrySra786
n00b

I have AMD ccc 12.8 installed on my laptop HP Pavillion G6 2005ax ( 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M Dedicated 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 7640G Graphics Integrated ). 

Suddenly the core speed slider option has disappeard from the power menu. I am not sure if its the only option disappeared, may be some others too have.. I used to set slider to low in case of battery usage and high in case of plugged in. I have tried unisntalling/re-installing CCC. I have tried reverting back to a previous version but the issue still remains.

Another problem that has cropped up is that the fan seems to be always at full. Earlier it used to do this only when I was doing some heavy stuff. And it used to throw only hot air. But now it throws out air even when its idle.. The ridiculous thing is that its throwing out cold air...

I cant seem to co-relate cropping of this issue to anything except that I installed Tune-up utilities 2013 the same day I saw this issue later on. I uninstalled them.. nothing changed. I re-installed it.. Still the same.. 

Apart from the Fan problem, I have seen that both battery consumption and Gaming performance has suffered noticeably.. Not much but still noticeable..

I am really frustrated at not being able to solve this issue. Google shows no results regarding this problem. AM i the first one to face this issue?

Please help. 

09/28/2012 08:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You need to look (and post) in the laptop forum. This is a very common question....so no, you are not the first nor will you be the last.

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448&flcache=8239890&entercat=y

""The AMD Mobility Radeon™ graphics driver supplied by the notebook manufacturer is customized for the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. It is recommended to use the drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer.""

"""

If you experience difficulty while using the generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers, we recommend reverting to the driver provided by your notebook vendor. Please contact your notebook vendor for their most recent graphics drivers.
The following notebooks are not compatible with this tool:
Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
84128 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.