Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: Setup just stops after saying "Please wait while Windows configures MSI_TEMPLATE"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/28/2012 07:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/28/2012 07:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
yeah!
n00b

Hey there, after getting no answer from the email tech support I tought I should give the forums a shot. My problem is the following:

I just can't get the Catalyst setup to work. The unpacking works fine, but when I try to run "ATIMCDnld.MSI" my computer just says "Please wait while Windows configures MSI_TEMPLATE", then asks for admin rights but just stops when I grant them. 

Sadly I get no Error Message whatsoever. As of now I use the VAIO Drivers, but they are 2 years old and I actually must update them in order to make some applications work properly.

I run a VAIO VPCEA3S1E with Windows 7 Pro SP1 and all the latest windows updates. The computer has a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470.

My problem seems to be pretty rare and I hope you can provide solutions.

Cheers

Edit: The problem accoured with multiple versions of the driver. I'm currently struggeling with the latest version and yes, I downloaded the correct package.

Edited: 09/28/2012 at 07:49 AM by yeah!
 09/28/2012 08:31 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Laptop questions or issues belong in the laptop forum. I suggest you look there for your answer..which is ....AMD does not support Sony graphics updates. http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

09/28/2012 08:52 AM

Author Icon
yeah!
n00b

Well, for once my problem doesn't concern Sony updates but the latest Catalyst drivers. 

And the reason I posted here instead of the notebook forums was that from what I figures so far, it is pretty likely a software error between the C++ redistributable. I don't see how sudden and stopping of the Catalyst Setup, without even showing me an error-message, has anything to do with wether I run it on a desktop or notebook computer - or am I missing something?!

09/28/2012 09:36 AM

Author Icon
fretboard

Yes, you're missing the basic fact that the AMD drivers don't work on SONY laptops, says on the release notes and the Catalyst Mobility page. So your issue could be anything from a corrupt installer, incompatible installer or whatever due to the laptop using SONY's proprietary drivers etc which may cause issues such as that. You'd have to contact your laptop manufacturer's support people and ask them what's going on.

AM3 965BE / Corsair H70 / 4Gb Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair Force3 90Gb / x2 HD3870 Atomic Edition / x4 1Tb Storage & Momentus XT 250Gb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian-Li PC-7FNWB / Logitech X-530 / Logitech KBoard & MX620 / Logitech C525 / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM

09/28/2012 10:51 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

The answer to you situation is below, there is nothing more that we can offer you in the way of suggestions.  You are simply going to have to work with Sony on this if you want a solution.

Article Number
GPU-28041

The AMD Mobility RadeonTM graphics driver supplied by the notebook manufacturer is customized for the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. It is recommended to use the drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer. If installing an operating system other than the one currently supported by the notebook, the notebook may not meet all requirements. As such supported graphics drivers may not be available. The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool will display the following error if it fails to validate the graphics hardware. This is due to incompatible hardware/configuration in your notebook. Please contact the notebook manufacturer for assistance. The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool helps you determine your notebook's compatibility with generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers. It helps to prevent incorrect installation on incompatible notebooks which may lead to disabled features or functionality. If you experience difficulty while using the generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers, we recommend reverting to the driver provided by your notebook vendor. Please contact your notebook vendor for their most recent graphics drivers.

The following notebooks are not compatible:

Toshiba® notebooks
Sony® VAIO® notebooks
Panasonic® notebooks

Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/28/2012 12:49 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Or you could have read the first post in the laptop forum...which is UPDATING MOBILITY DRIVERS.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

09/29/2012 10:45 AM

Author Icon
yeah!
n00b

Thanks for your replies. I know that updating notebook drivers can be quite annoing, but frankly in this case it is not the problem.

1 - Shoulnd't I get an error message instead of having the setup just close without any notice at all?

2 - Why does the amddriverdownloader.exe tool, that detects my card figure out the correct driver if it isn't correct?

3 - One month ago installing the latest Catalyst drivers was no problem whatsoever. Back then I did run another operating system. (win 7 home 64bit)

I guess the latter point can be seen as some kind of a proof that the hardware isn't the primary issue here..

Besides, I rather blame lazyness than some special notebook features that aren't supported. Same thing with NVIDIA, their drivers always worked finde for me, once they were unbricked (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/)

09/29/2012 12:02 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

1. No

2. It's not compatible

3. Obvious

Blame Sony and your inability to accept facts.

Toshiba® notebooks
Sony® VAIO® notebooks
Panasonic® notebooks

Edited: 09/29/2012 at 12:50 PM by stumped
 09/29/2012 04:19 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I hate repeating myself but....

The answer to you situation is below, there is nothing more that we can offer you in the way of suggestions. You are simply going to have to work with Sony on this if you want a solution.

Article Number
GPU-28041

The AMD Mobility RadeonTM graphics driver supplied by the notebook manufacturer is customized for the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. It is recommended to use the drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer. If installing an operating system other than the one currently supported by the notebook, the notebook may not meet all requirements. As such supported graphics drivers may not be available. The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool will display the following error if it fails to validate the graphics hardware. This is due to incompatible hardware/configuration in your notebook. Please contact the notebook manufacturer for assistance. The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool helps you determine your notebook's compatibility with generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers. It helps to prevent incorrect installation on incompatible notebooks which may lead to disabled features or functionality. If you experience difficulty while using the generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers, we recommend reverting to the driver provided by your notebook vendor. Please contact your notebook vendor for their most recent graphics drivers.

Toshiba® notebooks
Sony® VAIO® notebooks
Panasonic® notebooks

Thread locked.  yeah!, please work with Sony until your issue is resolved then come back here and let us know what happened.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
88770 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.