Topic Title: Horzontal lines and BSOD on AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Topic Summary: Detecting 2 GPU's and BSOD on boot
Created On: 10/01/2012 04:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/01/2012 04:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
IncredibleMrTim
n00b

Hi Guys

I have an anoying issues with AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250.  The GPU is on my HP Pavilion dv6-3141ea Entertainment Notebook PC.  I have contacted HP but i think there forums are administered by fantoms or somthing as i dont seem to be getting any replys.

The problem i am gettiong is that when i install the new drivers form either HP or AMD, i reboot my laptop and istantly get BSOD before i get into windows.  When i boot in Safe Mode i can see that 2 Display Adapters have been loaded, one is the 4250 and the other is the standard VGA driver.

The VGA driver syas that it is not working correcly.  if i disable it, then everything is fine.  If i have disabled it and then plug in a HDMI cable, my laptop attempts to install the drivfer again, restarts and then BSOD again.

This has all happened after i re-installed windows the other day.  I was getting the same problem after updating the graphics drivers. so i decided to just start a fresh.

This is a pain as i frequently use the HDMI out for Skyping and gaming.

Prior to updating the drivers everything was fine.

Please help

Statistics
88845 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.