Topic Title: 12.8 mobility on Windows 8 + hibernate - help
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/04/2012 03:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/04/2012 03:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SebaRoz
n00b

I have a Radeon HD 655m. I installed Windows 8 and drivers 12.8 (of course, before I removed the previous - the installation was no problem).

When exiting susyemu from hibernation often have a completely black screen and I have to reboot the system. After restarting, I got the message:

"The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager."

It turns out that the Radeon HD 655m has been disabled by the system. How to find the cause of the card off the system? 12.9 beta installed - nothing has changed. It's very annoying, because I can hardly use hibernation. Please help me. Thank you.

10/04/2012 07:30 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

6550m = laptop = talk to OEM.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 10/04/2012 07:46 AM

Author Icon
SebaRoz
n00b

Sory I do not understand. Yes, it is a laptop but do not know where to seek help.

10/04/2012 08:05 AM

Author Icon
elstaci
Peon

I have Windows 7 and I had the same problem coming out of sleep. I was also using 12.8. I uninstalled 12.8 and reinstalled  12.6 and the problem disappeared. I have a Radeon 7850 Video card. But I never received any error messages when I rebooted. Could be Windows 8. I would install the official WIndows 8 when it comes out in late October to see if the problem is fixed.

Ellis D. Rodriguez

10/04/2012 10:07 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Firstly....never install an OS onto a laptop/notebook unless the laptop manufacturer sold it in that configuration....and if you do it anyway expect for there to be problems/inconsistencies/oddities that may never be corrected.

Secondly, I would highly recommend that you restrict your driver downloads to the manufacturer of your laptop's/notebook's support site. There are a lot of manufacturers that modify the reference/standard driver package to suite their non-reference hardware components......and if you download the drivers from AMD directly anyway expect for there to be problems/inconsistencies/oddities that may never be corrected.

Please remember your laptop/notebook was not built by AMD or Microsoft/Unix/Linux.....don't look for software/drivers from them....look to who actually built your laptop/notebook for all of your needs concerning your laptop/notebook.

SebaRoz....this is what black_zion meant.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/04/2012 04:05 PM

Author Icon
SebaRoz
n00b

I'm sorry for putting the subject at this point is not what you need.

Canis-X, I do not agree with you. I have not met a laptop manufacturer that would support (update) all the drivers for more than one year - does it mean that every year I should buy new hardware in order to always have the software and drivers prepared the manufacturer? As for me, stupid!

Probably all manufacturers equipment to be signed at what you wrote - the problem is that users do not want to be so naive and want to use the new features in oporogramowaniu, even on older hardware. I know that sometimes it is related to some problems but they are to be solved.

If there is no solution at present is to say that you have to wait, and if possible, to draw attention to the problem of hardware manufacturer. I decided that this forum is the "official" place to "communicate" with AMD (link is on the manufacturer's support page), and that in this way I can get help, and thus give information about any problems. If that's too bad I was wrong - please tell me where I can this information about the problems to the manufacturer. If you know that there is no solution to my problem to say so. However, other users may have already met this problem and found a solution?

10/04/2012 04:14 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EB8

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

10/05/2012 04:05 PM

Author Icon
SebaRoz
n00b

thank you

10/05/2012 04:32 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I'm sorry for putting the subject at this point is not what you need.

Canis-X, I do not agree with you. I have not met a laptop manufacturer that would support (update) all the drivers for more than one year - does it mean that every year I should buy new hardware in order to always have the software and drivers prepared the manufacturer? As for me, stupid!

Probably all manufacturers equipment to be signed at what you wrote - the problem is that users do not want to be so naive and want to use the new features in oporogramowaniu, even on older hardware. I know that sometimes it is related to some problems but they are to be solved.

If there is no solution at present is to say that you have to wait, and if possible, to draw attention to the problem of hardware manufacturer. I decided that this forum is the "official" place to "communicate" with AMD (link is on the manufacturer's support page), and that in this way I can get help, and thus give information about any problems. If that's too bad I was wrong - please tell me where I can this information about the problems to the manufacturer. If you know that there is no solution to my problem to say so. However, other users may have already met this problem and found a solution?

....what I am saying...and you can take it for what it's worth.....

" if you do it anyway expect for there to be problems/inconsistencies/oddities that may never be corrected." 

And yes the manufacturers would love it if you bought a new laptop/notebook every year.....they want your money.  It would not be cost effective for them or AMD/Microsoft to provide driver updates for a single model # laptop from a single manufacturer and since the hardware stands a good chance of not being reference and is no longer produced....I'd say the chances are extremely high.  Don't get me wrong you might be able to install a new OS on the laptop that the manufacturer does not provide for and you might be able to install a driver suite from AMD/NVidia/Intel/etc......all I'm saying is don't expect them to function 100%.....because they may just not be reference design.

If you want a real solution.....I suggest that you talk to the manufacturer of your laptop/notebook as they are the ones that warrantied your laptop not AMD.

Look at it this way....you buy a car.....the battery in the car dies....do you then contact the maker of the battery or do you contact the maker of the car?......what about a tire.....the radio?  Do you see what I am saying?

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
86693 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.