Topic Title: Problem getting driver for Windiws 8
Topic Summary: AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v 1.20)
Created On: 10/08/2012 06:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/08/2012 06:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
psychomunnity
n00b

I have tried the driver for the release previeuw and AMD auto detect catalyst. But nothing works it still says that my driver is not correctly working. isgust;

Can somebody help me? i have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop.

~Regards. 

10/08/2012 01:12 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You need to contact HP and get drivers from them.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

10/08/2012 02:23 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Firstly....never install an OS onto a laptop/notebook unless the laptop manufacturer sold it in that configuration....and if you do it anyway expect for there to be problems/inconsistencies/oddities that may never be corrected.

Secondly, I would highly recommend that you restrict your driver downloads to the manufacturer of your laptop's/notebook's support site.  There are a lot of manufacturers that modify the reference/standard driver package to suite their non-reference hardware components......and if you download the drivers from AMD directly anyway expect for there to be problems/inconsistencies/oddities that may never be corrected.

Please remember your laptop/notebook was not built by AMD or Microsoft/Unix/Linux.....don't look for software/drivers from them....look to who actually built your laptop/notebook for all of your needs concerning your laptop/notebook.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/28/2012 01:22 PM

Author Icon
FibreFoX
n00b

Originally posted by: Canis-X Firstly....never install an OS onto a laptop/notebook unless the laptop manufacturer sold it in that configuration....and if you do it anyway expect for there to be problems/inconsistencies/oddities that may never be corrected

sorry, but this sounds ignorant to me ...

Why shouldn't i install an OS onto a laptop which is technically supporting that piece of software?

It's just a thing about SOFTWARE, and drivers count as software ... and if amd-drivers are called "reference"-drivers, whats the excuse of supporting switchable graphics from AMDs side and if problems occur its the hardware-manufacturers fault?!? i dont see the point why everytime AMD is making some graphics into "legacy-support"-cards they only make that excuse "its legacy, buy new one or stay with old software"

It isn't even a new feature nor is it another performance boost, ... its BUGFIXING because in prev versions it worked perfectly, no it doesn't. It smells like a bug, it IS a bug, and AMD seems not to worry about the customers being happy with amd-products; it happens with HD2000-cards, now it happens with HD4000-cards, thats not fair.

The only workaround seems to drop AMD-graphics and switch to NVIDIA again.

EDIT: im also a hp pavilion g6 user, so i have the same issue and im sad about the made excuses here (g6-1025sg if its important to you ... just one year old)

Statistics
85724 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.