Topic Title: Amd M880G with ATI Mobiliti Radeon HD 4250 / 5650
Topic Summary: Catalyst + Second monitor not working
Created On: 10/14/2012 07:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2012 07:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
M2ger8
n00b

Hello!

I have a HP laptop with:

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Graphics card, at least so it says in the device manager. I have two problems. Firstly i have tried to update my Catalyst by several means, by selecting from AMD homepage what versin card i ahave and by autodetect. The end result is always the same, My catalyst does not work any more. I get the "No AMD Graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the Amd driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." message, when i try to launch Catalyst. Also, DxDiag says i have 2676 MB total memory, when i think it should be 1 G. The result of all this is taht i can't run Catalyst and I can't run my laptop on 4250 Card when on Battery power.

Secondly I can not use the second monitor plug on the side any more, it detects that i have something connected there, but no signal goes through, i have tried several working monitors. I need it to work.

Thank You very much

AMD Catalyst Driver Version History:

Can't remember, can i find it out somehow?

Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (current build 7601)

MotherBoard and System Make Model:

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook 3020sy

CPU:

AMD Phenom II N620 Dual-Core Processor

Edited: 10/14/2012 at 07:48 AM by M2ger8
 10/14/2012 12:06 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

1. There is a laptop forum which has tons of these questions

2. AMD does not support switchable graphics..get updates from HP

3. Battery power is going to default to intergrated graphics

4. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03048333&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

10/14/2012 02:11 PM

Author Icon
M2ger8
n00b

Got old catalyst from HP, both graphics modes now work, great. there was a newer version of CCC, that worked, don't know where to get different versions to try out, should be before 12.6 i think. 

The side monitor plug still does not work, system understands taht i connect something there, but still no picture going through.

1. AMD Product, so i'm in AMD Forum, should work.

2. AMD Made it so, i know that they say now that they do not support it, bu they should and they know it, otherwise that is bullcrap, it is not too old to be not supported

3. HP does not give updates, it gave me the same thing i think that was on my laptop when i unboxed it. i had updates before from AMD and they worked. They should still continue that line.

4. Looking into that.

10/15/2012 11:46 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Actually, AMD does not support your laptop, HP does.  Think about it.....there are several parts that go into your vehicle (Ford), let's say your radio goes out (made by Delco), are you going to call the radio manufacturer (Delco) to get it fixed or are going to go to your Ford dealer?  Yep you are going to go to the Ford dealer.....why you may ask.....well because the warranty that you paid for with the purchase of the Ford vehicle also covers the Delco radio that died.....understand what I mean?

You are on a peer-to-peer user forum, so unless someone that visits here has your exact laptop (AMD won't even in their support dept) and has already experienced/solved this same issue you won't get anywhere here.  I highly encourage you to call HP and get a support ticket opened with them.....remember to not let them tell you that this an AMD issue.....AMD did not build their laptop.

Cheers!

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
84697 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.