Topic Title: AMD Radeon HD6470M driver version
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/23/2012 05:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2012 05:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
xIAoGhostZ
n00b

Hi there,

I would like to know what is the latest driver version for the AMD Radeon HD6470M. Is 8.830.6.6000 the latest? I downloaded the driver from my laptop's brand official website.

As my friend's laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, windows update automatically install the driver version 8.911.0.0, which is later version than mine.

Please help.

10/23/2012 05:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

It is best to only install drivers that are offered by your laptop's/notebook's manufacturer and not what AMD offers from their official download site as the laptop manufacturer may have modified the reference driver to meet their specific specifications.

I would recommend that you contact your laptop's support dept or ask this question on their user forum to see if others who own your specific model have any advice.

Finally, another thing to consider is.....is there a need to update the driver?  Are you experiencing issues with your current driver that are listed in the newer drivers release notes as being resolved?  The reason that I ask is because most of us will tell you...."if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  You could cause yourself more issues by updating the driver than what it is worth.

Cheers!

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
84740 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.