Topic Title: Netflix App Error in Windows 8
Topic Summary: Netflix App will not play videos. Graphics Driver Error: W8158
Created On: 11/07/2012 02:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2012 02:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
krakalackin
Peon

I just bought a new Sony VAIO laptop model: SVE14A27CXH with Windows 8 (not Pro). Graphics is a AMD Radeon HD 7570M/7670M and Intel HD Graphics 4000.

I install the Netflix app from the app store and whenever I click on a movie or show it starts loading/buffering and I get an "Oops Error."

The following driver(s) failed to load:

\Windows\System32\igdumd64.dll (UserModeComponetLoad,EncryptionFailure), \Windows\System32\igd10umd64.dll (UserModeComponetLoad,EncryptionFailure).

Error code: W8158

Is this Windows, Sony, AMD, Intel, or Netflix issue. I've installed the latest driver from Sony and still have the issue. Thanks for any advice!

11/07/2012 02:57 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Best advice that anyone could really give you in this forum, and I'm not trying to come off as rude or brushing you off or anything, but you just bought a brand new laptop.....part of that purchase was support from Sony, I would contact them and use the service that you have already paid for.    All you will get here is a bunch of guessing as this is a P2P forum, make Sony earn their $$.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/07/2012 03:14 PM

Author Icon
krakalackin
Peon

I work in the tech support industry so I honesty didn't think about contacting support since that's my job. If I have an issue, I automatically start troublshooting it myself. Calling tech support after work, after being the tech guy for 10 hours, doesn't sound like fun. I'll try them though but any discuss is welcome. Thanks!

11/08/2012 09:22 AM

Author Icon
krakalackin
Peon

Called Sony last night and was told that drivers for Windows 8 are still unstable. The tech told me he had received an email saying that customers should manually reinstall all drivers... So I did and nothing changed. Will try reinstalling the Netflix app tonight.

P.S. I didn't come to this forum to blame AMD. I came here because the issue has to do with the graphics driver (according to the error). I came here for opinions and to see what others have found. Sony obviously doesn't have a clue or isn't acknowledging the issue yet.

Edited: 11/08/2012 at 09:29 AM by krakalackin
 11/08/2012 10:07 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I figured as much.  Well hopefully something gets knocked out sooner than later.  I know thay they were saying that MS was releasing Win8 before it was fully baked.  

Never assumed that you were, just like to remind all laptop owners that their laptop manufacturers are an option for them as well. 

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/08/2012 11:17 PM

Author Icon
krakalackin
Peon

A new video driver was released late last night. After installing the new driver and uninstalling the app and reinstalling, the error still occurs...

11/12/2012 02:31 PM

Author Icon
krakalackin
Peon

Called Sony, had to unistall both graphics devices in device manager. Reboot and install the update to fix. So fixed now!

11/12/2012 02:44 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Good deal man!  I hope that you get many more miles outa that lappy! 

Statistics
88864 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.