Topic Title: Switchable Graphics does not work with some games [Inspiron 15R SE]
Topic Summary: Some games simply don't run with the VGA and the performance is poor
Created On: 11/07/2012 04:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2012 04:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dragonb0rn
Peon

I'm having trouble with my Inspiron 15R Special Edition and the Catalyst Control.

All the information about my notebook is here > http://speccy.piriform.com/results/h21orWUAXS0hvRnQkzbI5of

The VGA is an AMD Radeon HD 7730M, I'm using the driver provided by Dell.

The problem: Some games have a problem with Switchable Graphics. I configure the game like High Performance. Once I open and close the game, it returns to "Not Assigned".

Before I open the game:

After I close the game:

So, basically, as the games that have the problem are always "Not assigned", they don't use my VGA and the performance is poor!

I first realized that with Diablo III and LoL. So I reinstalled the OS (clean install), and installed all the drivers. I also updated the bios to A04 (Dell).

The problem was gone (Diablo III works fine now), BUT it appeared again with OTHER games! Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero World Tour worked fine before the clean install and the bios update, now both have the same "Not assigned" problem.

I've tested two or three Catalyst Beta Drivers and none of them even worked (the Catalyst Control Center didn't open).

What can I do?

Thank you!

11/07/2012 04:50 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Please see below for more information:

Updating Mobility drivers

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/07/2012 05:12 PM

Author Icon
Dragonb0rn
Peon

The only problem: "The following notebooks are not compatible: notebooks equipped with switchable graphics."

I tried to use the Update software and it says that there's no update.

11/07/2012 05:25 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Per the veriage on that link that I supplied previously, I would recommend that you contact Dell for support on this.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
80985 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.