Topic Title: Problems with updating drivers for HD 6770M
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/09/2012 12:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/09/2012 12:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mets
Peon

I own a HP Pavilion dv6 6141eo with Windows 7 64-bit, which has 2 graphic cards. One that is for "lesser" activities and the other (ATI card) thats for the heavy work. According to the HP Support i cannot update the drivers because the updating software cannot recognize my ATI card. I have tried to update the drives directly from the catalyst control centre (by checking for new updates) and from the AMD support site directly. When i update from the catalyst control centre, it downloads and installs but it still seems that I'm not getting the latest update, because it's still notifying me to update. When downloading from the side i get the message: "Cannot get AMD Catalyst Mobility because of incompatible hardware"...Feels like it's telling me i don't have a graphic card from ATI. I'm clearny not an expert in this so I would be grateful for any help at all.

11/09/2012 04:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Have you tried the driver that is provided by HP for you specific model number laptop?

Also, see below:

Updating Mobility drivers

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
84159 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.