I am trying to instlall AMD Catalys 12.11 Beta Driver to my AMD hd radeon 6490m. My gpu is clearly supported by 12.11 Beta Driver because in the driver download page reads:
This article applies to the following configuration(s):
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
And when I install the driver the Windows device manager show that I would have AMD Radeon HD 7400m Series. This beta driver seems to be the only driver that supports my laptop. The HP's driver page didn't show any driver for Windows 8 and my computer is only 1 year old.
My laptop has switchable graphics and after I upgraded to Windows 8 I'm not able to use the AMD gpu and I can only use the powersave intel 3000 gpu.
So what should I do?
My laptop is HP pavilion dv6 6119so
GPU: AMD HD radeon 6490m and Intel hd graphics 3000 switchable graphics
OS: Windows 8