Topic Title: HDMI Problems with Radeon HD 7730M
Topic Summary: HDMI not working for games
Created On: 11/18/2012 06:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2012 06:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
shakeystevo
Peon

Hi,

I have recently just bought a new Dell Inspiron 7520 laptop which has Windows 8 and a Radeon 7730M card.

I got Black Ops 2 and decided to give the HDMI connection a test onto my Samsung LED TV. When connected the main desktop shows up fine. Sound works throgh TV too. Hence can use it for normal applications etc...

However, when I start a game, any game, it wont run on the TV. It minimises to the task bar and will not run on the TV, even when I try to maximise (if that makes sense?!). 

I have tried everything in terms of disabling the laptop monitor and making the tv the primary screen etc etc still nothing... equally, the sound for the game is comming from the laptop and not the TV, more bizare window sounds emit from the TV!

At first I thought it was the Steam Client but I now think its a driver problem? Shoulnt be the TV as its a new Smart Samsung LED TV.

I am totally lost - any one have any ideas???

Some system info (device manager):

driver date - 22/10/2012

version - 9.10.8.0

CCC - using version 12.9 Beta (as Windows 8 had compatibility issues!)

Thanks,

Andrew

11/18/2012 07:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
shakeystevo
Peon

great... more issues! CCC is now saying its not compatible with Windows 8!!!! thanks to an automatic update!!

What is the best way to full remove all traces of the drivers and CCC and do a complete new install with the correct Windows 8 drivers and software??

I wish id never upgraded to 8! 

Thanks - Andrew

Statistics
85425 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.