I just bought a new laptop and put Windows 8 on it. However, it seems that my GPU is not working.
AMD Radeon 7670 DDR3 1Gb
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- current driver: 18.104.22.168
- Windows 8 Pro x64 64-bit
- I just bought a new laptop and put Windows 8 on it. However, it seems that my GPU is not working. There was a triangle with an exclamation mark in Device Manager. After some searching I managed to get it "fixed", trying drivers, catalyst controll center and Windows FixIt. However, I think this changed nothing, as it still is my CPU which handles all the graphics. I downloaded tools to see what my GPU was up to. FurMark says my GPU is constanty 0°, GPU-Z says it has aconstant GPU-load of 100%, and GPU Shark says 0.0%. So something is up...
-I first noticed this because I get lower-than-expected FPS in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, even though I put all my graphics settings on low and I have a 1Gb GPU.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Built-in laptop screen
Applications and Games
- I have only been playing CS:Go so far
- include details about version or patch numbers
- Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz, Clockspeed: 2.5 GHz, Turbo Speed: 3.1 GHz, No of Cores: 2
- No overclocking
Motherboard BIOS Version
- P04AAL, brand: I don’t know, Eureka if that is possible
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8Gb DDR3, I don’t not the brand because it’s not the standard memory, normally it’s 4Gb Sodimm, so perhaps 8Gb Sodimm
- The system is new and has been checked for viruses and spyware
- hardware shouldn’t be faulty as I bought the laptop a couple of days ago
Can someone please helpe me with this?
11:18 AM by