Topic Title: Those "black bars"
Topic Summary: Black bars to the sides of screen, not under and sides.
Created On: 11/23/2012 12:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/23/2012 12:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iff0lenvms
Peon

Hello AMD community. When i bought my laptop (HP G62), it came with the AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD (5470 I belive) 5000 Series.

I downloaded Counter Strike 1.6 and started to play it. It ran with resolution with 640x480 [4:3] and had those black bars at the edges of the screen. I liked thoseblack bars, they allowed me to play that game with that (640x480) resolution, so it wouldnt stretch the game to the widescreen (fullscreen).

But, recently I formatted my hard drive. I downloaded all the drivers and ATI drivers also. I also installed CCC (Catalyst Control Center). And when I entered to the game (Cs 1.6) it is stretched it to the full screen. When I switch it to "Maintain aspect ratio", it still stretches to full screen. When I use "Centered", it adds black bars to the bottom and top, so the game window is too small in the center of my display. Impossible to play.

My display has 1366 x 768 [16:9] as maxed resolution. So atm I use 1024 x 768 in game (which is bad), so I get those black bars to the edges.

So my humble request is that I want to play the game as I used to play. In 640 x 480 and those black bars in the sides of my screen. Im open to try anything.

Thanks in advance.

Statistics
87400 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.