Topic Title: AMD Radeon 7470M not working in Windows 8 Pro
Topic Summary: My graphic card used to work fine in windows 7, but its not functioning in 8
Created On: 11/25/2012 07:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/25/2012 07:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Deadevilreaper
Peon

Hey guys, i just updated my windows from 7 to 8 without thinking of the problems it might cause. I knew most of my things wouldnt work with 8 but i didnt expect the problem with my graphic card ( AMD Radeon HD 7470M). when i open up device manager, i see a small yellow triangle with the Graphic card. I know its a problem with my driver and that its not compatible with windows 8. I tried to update but everywhere i check, i find out that the version of my card is the latest. Can anyone tell me when a new driver will be released or another method to fix this problem? thanks

11/30/2012 06:24 PM

Author Icon
emonterog
Peon

Hi,I have a similar issue. I recently moved to w8 and was working fine until I ran a program that uses 3D graphs. I received the message that my Graphics card was not working with 3D. I have try to update but without luck. I have a AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series on a HP EliteBook 8460p.Do you have a suggest solution for this problem?RegardsErick
 12/05/2012 02:40 AM

Author Icon
rokplyr
Peon

I am having this exact same issue as a result of upgrading. I tried installing the graphics drivers in windows 7 compatibility mode and it would get rid of the little triangle until I restarted my laptop (HP Pavilion DV7-6B78us), then it would be back. Catalyst says it is installled but does not work and I cannot access switchable graphics. Definitely frustrating.

-------------------------
 12/05/2012 02:42 AM

Author Icon
rokplyr
Peon

Also, HP support will not help you once you have upgraded to windows 8 because that voids your warranty with them

-------------------------
Statistics
86429 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.