Topic Title: AMD Radeon HD 7640G Dual graphics issues.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2012 06:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2012 06:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tony90
Peon

Hello everyone.

I recently acquired a Toshiba AMD A8-4500 APU laptop with an HD 7640G dual card, and the general perfomance it has on games was lower than what I expected, most games are playable but some seem to have very poor frame rates and it kind of tires my eyes which diminishes the gaming experience, I switched between drivers various times with little to no result. The other day I decided to turn off the Dual graphics option (which supposely improves gaming performance) and play only with the APU, and for my surprise the performance improved a lot without compromosing graphic quality. Why is that? Is this a drivers compatiblity issue? I'm not expecting to play in ultra-high on the most recent games but for some reason I don't think my machine is using it's full potential.

Other issue that it's bothering me since day 1, is the general image quality even on desktop, the letters and edges on webpages look really rough and somewhat pixelated, it improved a bit when I updated the card's drivers, it doesn't look terrible but it still doesn't look as good as other laptops I've been using, this becomes more problematic in games that use small letters, the menus on Football Manager look like a huge mess and it's very hard to look at, is there any way of improving this as-well? The screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and I'm currently using the 12.8 mobility drivers.

I wonder if I should update to 12.11 but my card for some reason is not listed on the compatible cards table, which bothers me a bit since I just bought this computer a couple months ago.

If you guys could give some tips about this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

12/05/2012 07:19 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Please post and read the sticky in the laptop forum. This has been asked and answered hundreds of times.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=161340&enterthread=y

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

12/06/2012 12:57 PM

Author Icon
Tony90
Peon

Didn't noticed the laptop board, thanks.

Statistics
84261 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.