Topic Title: HD 6370M is crashing very often
Topic Summary: graphic card is crashing, causing my laptop to crash as well
Created On: 12/07/2012 08:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2012 08:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
just
Peon

Graphics Card
- AMD Radeon HD 6370M

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- version 8.741.1.5000. And it doesn't have any previous driver version, I think.

Operating System
- 64-bit

Issue Details
- screen of my laptop is crashing, turning white, and after several seconds it switches back on, saying that the driver crashed which was therefore restored

- most of the times it happens when I'm either in a Microsoft Office program such as Word oder Powerpoint or while watching a video on the internet
- afterwards it is not possible anymore to play videos (in the browser eg.)

- furthermore it is then only a matter of time until the laptop finally crashes completely, making it neccessary to restart laptop
- Screenshot (and translation) can be seen here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6315284/AMD%20driver%20screenshot.jpg

Motherboard or System Make & Model
-  Acer ASPIRE 5742G

Power Supply

- HIPRO AC ADAPTER, model HP-A0652R3B, output wattage: 19V

Applications and Games

- Microsoft Office (eg. Word & Powerpoint)

- Videos on the Internet (Mozilla Firefox)

CPU Details
- Intel Core i5-480M (is this the information you asked for??)

12/07/2012 08:34 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Please read the stickys in the LAPTOP forum. Also read the info in the "How-To and FAQ" section. If you find the need to repost, please furnish the following:

Please supply the following:

1. AMD graphics card(s)
2. Operating system
3. Processor
4. Power supply (make and model)
5. System RAM (amount)
6. If this is a laptop furnish make and model
7. Did you read the "How-To and FAQ"section in the forum?

NOTE: Laptop questions/issues should be posted in the Notebook Forum

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448&entercat=y

Also, you could read  http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y   for additional information.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 12/07/2012 at 08:43 AM by stumped
 12/07/2012 09:55 AM

Author Icon
just
Peon

I tried to give all the information requested in your stickys (http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y) to which you were referring again. And if I didn't post anything, it was either not relevant (because I don't have/do/use it) or I couldn't find this information.

• I have Windows 7, 64-bit
  • The AMD graphics card was even mentioned in my topic, if I'm not mistaken, and in the text: AMD Radeon HD 6370M (no?)
  • the processor is Intel Core i5 CPU 480M @ 2.67GHz
  • the power supply was mentioned in the text (HIPRO AC ADAPTER, model HP-A0652R3B, output wattage: 19V)
  • RAM: 3,87GB
  • if I understand you correctly, my laptop is just a completely regular model with nothing special or extra
  • 7.: Yes, I did! (and it already gave me headache)

Now does this make sense or do you need more (specific) information?

I'm not a computer expert, so it was very hard to gather all these information. I guess you are an expert and you have to handle this stuff every single day, but don't forget that most of the people lack the knowledge you have. Otherwise you wouldn't need to do this job any longer.

So please have some sympathy for people like me, not being that familiar with all these informations you asked for (especially due to the fact that I'm not even English but German).

Thanks in advance for any further help and information.

12/07/2012 10:54 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: just I tried to give all the information requested in your stickys (http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=160417&enterthread=y) to which you were referring again. And if I didn't post anything, it was either not relevant (because I don't have/do/use it) or I couldn't find this information.

"""  

Graphics Card
- AMD Radeon HD 6370M

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- version 8.741.1.5000. And it doesn't have any previous driver version, I think.

Operating System
- 64-bit

Issue Details
- screen of my laptop is crashing, turning white, and after several seconds it switches back on, saying that the driver crashed which was therefore restored

- most of the times it happens when I'm either in a Microsoft Office program such as Word oder Powerpoint or while watching a video on the internet
- afterwards it is not possible anymore to play videos (in the browser eg.)

- furthermore it is then only a matter of time until the laptop finally crashes completely, making it neccessary to restart laptop
- Screenshot (and translation) can be seen here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6315284/AMD%20driver%20screenshot.jpg

Motherboard or System Make & Model
-  Acer ASPIRE 5742G

Power Supply

- HIPRO AC ADAPTER, model HP-A0652R3B, output wattage: 19V

Applications and Games

- Microsoft Office (eg. Word & Powerpoint)

- Videos on the Internet (Mozilla Firefox)

CPU Details
- Intel Core i5-480M (is this the information you asked for??)

I'm not a computer expert, so it was very hard to gather all these information. I guess you are an expert and you have to handle this stuff every single day, but don't forget that most of the people lack the knowledge you have. Otherwise you wouldn't need to do this job any longer.

So please have some sympathy for people like me, not being that familiar with all these informations you asked for (especially due to the fact that I'm not even English but German).

Thanks in advance for any further help and information.

I guess your translator didn't pick up this is a user-to-user forum...peer-to-peer. Nobody here works for AMD. Certain info is needed to try and help. You listed your OS (that means "operating system") as 64bit. Really? You supplied a model number for your laptop. A google search shows it to have a Nvidia graphics chip...or a AMD 5xxx chip. Does your computer have switchable graphics or not? If you need help, the first place to go is your laptop manufacturer. Good luck.

PS: And I am taking into consideration you are a german.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 12/07/2012 at 11:05 AM by stumped
Statistics
84238 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.