Topic Title: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470 Driver update gone wrong.
Topic Summary: Experiencing major issues with updating my drivers.
Created On: 12/09/2012 12:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/09/2012 12:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pavilion
Peon

A few months ago I attempted to run Guild Wars 2, I experienced severe Graphical errors and realized I hadnt updated or even checked for new drivers in ages. After using the Auto Detector for my drivers it began to install the new driver. When finished it told me it had installed 

"AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250"

A completely different driver.

Now after looking this over, the system shows a severe amount of errors and clashes because the system is attempting to run two Drivers at the same time. The 5470 and the 4250. What I also noticed is my Graphical errors were gone but my Graphic quality and FPS had dropped dramatically and were unable to handle even HL2 Source Engine type graphics which were no issue before this. What I think is the source is the attempt of the system to run both graphic cards at the same time, but my problem now is after uninstalling the 4250 it has repeatedly Re-installed itself. I have no idea how I can prevent it from Re-installing itself, or where I can find the correct Driver. Below are my PC Specs.

Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Graphics card: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470

AMd catalyst Driver version: Unknown

Operating system: Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit

Issue details: ^ listed above.

Motherboard: Unknown 

Power supply: Unknown

Display Device: Very unsure.

Applications and games: As of today I cannot run any type of Video intensive game, even "Minecraft" in which i recieve the following error.

Bad video card drivers!      

-----------------------      

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU details: AMD Phenom(tm) II N640-DUAL-CORE Processor 2.90 GHz

Model #:XH121UA#ABA

System memory Type and amount: Unsure/574 GB

Please help me figure out how to either get rid of this "Magically re-installing driver"  or how to correctly get the right Driver.

12/09/2012 01:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Download and use these drivers > http://benchmark3d.com/drivers-search and follow this guide > http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y  notice the .net frameworks requirement.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
84987 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.