Topic Title: Problem to update drive video notebook HP dv6-3090br
Topic Summary: AMD Graphics
Created On: 12/13/2012 01:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/13/2012 01:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dourittos
Peon

Good afternoon, two years bought a computer, HP dv6-3090br, thinking it would be in the best settings, and the role was, however so far only regretted, it is very very slow and heats up in games reaches burn your hand , no joke, it was not supported for updates from HP.
Today I came behind a help, a long time ago that I am trying to upgrade the video card, as you may know this PC comes equipped with two ATI cards, a onboarde another offboarde, which looks great when it uses the energy off, more powerful and when it uses the battery on, to save energy, so this put me into trouble, HP is not updating the drivers through the site or by any other method that I know, from what I understand when the computer is working with only one drive that supports both video cards, Driver Packaging Versio - 8.712.1.2-100415th-098973C-HP, this is his version of the program copied straight from ATI Catalyst Control Center, a program that controls both cards.
My problem starts there, and HP does not provide driver new to this board, this is above 2010 and ATI does not provide drivers sets, like this driver for two plates at the same time, so I tried to update a number of ways, the programs Update ATI recognize that the two boards and try to update both separately, but as onboarde is a "AMD M880G - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250", HD 4XXX line, outside support for being old, stopped being updated in 2011 / 2012, becoming the youngest drive 8.9 of the program "12-6-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql" available from ATI. Already offboarde a "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650" is still being updated and when the drive is in 9.2 with the "12-10-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql" this July 2012, and updated when the plates separately in getting a drive 8.9 and the other 9.2, occurred compatibility error, the program Catalyst Control Center does not recognize the signs and just keeping the system without video card.
Have you tried disabling the onboarde because I'm interested more in the HD 5650, however disabling the system, the Catalyst Control Center not recognizing infirm ends of the two plates, leaving again without video card, I believe that is on the league then only padão recognizing another first, the setup of HP's all closed, do not let you configure the machine, so it has the option to disable onborde plate, which may solve the problem.
I know this all sounds silly and can be difficult to intender, but I'm having a lot of problems with new games because the old drive, ATI vai releasing updates for compatibility improvements and then released games from 2010 are no longer fully compatible with my video card. The HD 5650 is a good sign and can handle a lot, but needs updates to not be obsolete, which is the case of HD 4250, ATI forgotten by now, so I have a good board that is being handled by another.
If anyone knows a solution please help me because HP does not know what to do, and ma be sent to that same drive and desist from playing new games!, What nonsense is not it?
This computer until it is reasonable, taking overheating and slow, but without updates is getting outdated too fast. Thank you.
Onboarde Board - M880G AMD - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Offboard card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
System - Windows 7 Professional x64

Statistics
81093 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.