Topic Title: Ati Mobility HD2600 glitches and GPU failure
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/03/2013 03:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/03/2013 03:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BLZ
Peon

Hi,

I have a Toshiba A200-1GB with Windows 7 x86. I tried every ATI drivers, new and older, and the screen becomes weird, ATIKMDAG fails and recovers until BSOD comes up, then when I restart the laptop screen keeps black, I can only see the screen by connecting external monitor, however the same glitches appear on that monitor, so I believe that it's not a screen problem.

I'm running windows 7 now with built-in drivers only (from windows update), and I played a game for 1 hour with no problems, if I install catalyst with latest drivers it keeps doing the same, so basically I would like to know if this is a hardware problem or software problem. The GPU temperature does not pass from 47ºC.

Please check the 2 videos that I recorded with fraps on dropbox. When the video becomes whole black, that's when the ATIKMDAG failed and got recovered.

Videos link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bmtm437o3rsost6/PkllwdMSNy

01/03/2013 03:47 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

**STICKY** | Updating Mobility drivers
Laptop driver updates

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/13/2013 02:50 PM

Author Icon
vevericka
Peon

Hi,

I have windows 8.1. And driver on this graphic car is only for windows 8 and is unusable. Can you update this driver please?

Statistics
84128 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.