Topic Title: AMD A6 Dual Graphics to make weight!!
Topic Summary: Low performance playing directx 9 games
Created On: 01/04/2013 08:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2013 08:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Neil_C
Peon

I started playing Starcraft 2 on my HP DV6 AMD A6 APU-3410MX 6520G+6490M Dual Graphics and the frames are around 25 FPS with the Ultra definitions on the game...sometimes that number drops to 18FPS... and I notice (using MSI Afterburner) that the game only uses the integrated GPU (the 6520G) even with dual graphics enabled and a created profile for the game, forcing the crossfire!

I read that the dual graphics only work with DX10/DX11 enabled games, and I noticed that with recent games...

But...Is there any way to force the dual graphics??...or even choose to play on the fastest GPU (6490m)??...It's a shame having this FPS with this kind of hardware and this game...in the end I cannot use all the game potencial because I cannot use all the hardware graphics potencial...that's a stupid limitation!

01/05/2013 10:35 PM

Author Icon
andr3_0
Peon

Sadly the game is old and can't take advantage of your hardware. You could try disabling the apu 6520g and it might just use the other gpu.

-------------------------

img

01/08/2013 07:47 AM

Author Icon
Neil_C
Peon

It´s a nice game! But, andr3_0 you are right, it's old!

I've tried disabling the 6520g but it gave me an error on Catalyst, probably because the LCD is connected directly to the APU and the other GPU acts only as a helper!

The solution is in the hands of AMD, to create a driver that allows the use of both Graphic Cards no matter of the Directx, a normal Crossfire platform...a driver that make use of CAPS, because there is an amd profile for Starcraf2 Crossfire on CAPS if I'm not mistaken!

Thanks for the help

01/08/2013 04:01 PM

Author Icon
Neil_C
Peon

I'm truly disappointed with amd (yes!! lower case letter for amd)...My HP is equipped with 8GB DDR3 dual channel, I even have a Sandisk Extreme SSD...so I come to a point of not understanding the amd technology...and truly, this is the first and last time I buy stuff with amd logo on it! Here´s my new problem, I have my laptop with factory drivers...Ok...I installed Battlefield 3 and Hitman Absolution...once again low FPS, and once again only the APU running (MSI Afterburning and AMD Hardware Monitor indications) so I thought "I have to update the drivers"...Went to amd website, I used the update tool, found a new update, installed it correctly 64-bit bla bla bla...installed a new version o CAPS...starting Battlefield 3...crash on loading...Hitman Absolution...crash on Evolve logo...what??? "Let me try disable the dual graphics"...It works!!! Okay, but once again I'm running only on APU..."Let me give another try"...Enabled Dual Graphics and...crash!!! What's the point of another GPU after all?? I will send an e-mail to amd looking for answers...because after all the dual graphics is a technology to make weight!!

Statistics
84866 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.