Topic Title: Black Ops 2 Renders AMD VISION Engine Control Center Useless
Topic Summary: t6xp.exe files all causing ccc.exe to become impossible to launch after switchable graphics settings tweaked
Created On: 01/06/2013 04:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/06/2013 04:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rohan
Peon

Hey guys, I've got an interesting problem not many other people seem to be having .  Essentially, in the switchable graphics application settings menu in CCC, I search for my Black Ops 2 executables (located in D:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Call of Duty Black Ops II).  Whenever I select any one of the three games, change to either High Performance, Power Saving, or Based on Power Source and hit Apply, CCC instantly crashes and is unable to be run, even after countless reboots.  When doing clean reinstallations, CCC is back to being functional, but crashes again when tweaking switchable graphics for Black Ops 2.  

On top of this, in the Switchable Graphics Global Settings, no options show up in either one of the two drop down menus...very strange.  I am running the latest beta drivers (12.11 BETA11) and have tried reverting to older versions with the same issues occuring.  No problems as such arise with any other game (all source engine games, Call of Duty 4 work fine with High Performance setting...)

My specs are as follows:

HP Pavilion dv7

AMD A8-3530MX APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6620G

8.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit OS

01/07/2013 09:08 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

The correct forum for this post is the LAPTOP forum. In that forum is a big sticky. It explains that you can't update switchable graphics drivers with generic drivers. if you do, you lose the switchable graphics function. It also explains that your only source for drivers is your laptop manufacturer.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

01/07/2013 06:06 PM

Author Icon
Rohan
Peon

Not much help considering all of my other games work perfectly fine.  As I said, I tried reverting multiple times to previous drivers including laptop specific ones.  The same problem arises with only Black Ops 2, hence placing this topic in the Specific Game Forum.  Switchable graphics works fine with every other application.

01/07/2013 06:46 PM

Author Icon
Rohan
Peon

Sorry, I didn't read your post thoroughly enough!   You're correct, using drivers from HP's website proved to be effective.  Thank you a ton!

Statistics
88905 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.